Texas Fishing Forum

RHBC February Tournament! Saturday February 10th - Lake Palestine!

Posted By: SoCal Tom

RHBC February Tournament! Saturday February 10th - Lake Palestine! - 02/04/18 11:17 PM

The Ray Hubbard Bass Cub will be having our first members only tournament of 2018, Saturday February 10th on Lake Palestine. Here is the information -

• When: Saturday February 10th
• Where: Lake Palestine - Flat Creek Marina - $5.00 launch fee
• Time: 6:50 AM - TBD
• Entry Fee: $60.00 per boat – 2 person maximum

You MUST be an RHBC member to fish this tournament. We do not accept membership at the launch ramp, so if you want to fish this one, you will have needed to join the Club at our meeting this Thursday night at BPS Garland. Here is a link to the meeting information.

Meeting Link

Registration will be at the ramp starting at 5:45 on Saturday morning. When you register you will be given a numbered chip. You will need to to turn your chip in by placing it on the board to get your fish weighed. You will need to get your live well checked and a ribbon tied on to your trolling motor which must remain there until weigh in. You can then launch or trailer and go to your spot. No lines in the water until 6:50. Lines out time will be determined on Wednesday night and announced here that evening. There will be a 30 minute dead water period where no fishing is allowed at the end of the day. This is to give members time to get off the water, and the TD's time to get the weigh in set up. The chip must be back on the board with the Tournament Director by that time. Weigh in will start then. If your chip is not on the board at the specified time, a 1 pound per minute penalty will be assessed. After 15 minutes your catch will be disqualified. You will be called to the scales by boat number. Leave your fish in the live well until your number is called! Keep the water treated! Take care of yourselves AND your fish! See you at the ramp!

Re: RHBC February Tournament! Saturday February 10th - Lake Palestine! - 02/08/18 06:05 AM

Lines out time for Saturday is 3:00. Chip back on the board at Flat Creek Marina at 3:30. Weigh in will start at that time. See you there!

Re: RHBC February Tournament! Saturday February 10th - Lake Palestine! - 02/09/18 06:13 AM

Guys, we have a new member looking for a ride on Saturday at Palestine. Drop me a PM if you can help!

Re: RHBC February Tournament! Saturday February 10th - Lake Palestine! - 02/09/18 05:52 PM

Bump for Ron who's looking to fish on Saturday!
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: RHBC February Tournament! Saturday February 10th - Lake Palestine! - 02/11/18 01:14 AM

Well?

Re: RHBC February Tournament! Saturday February 10th - Lake Palestine! - 02/11/18 03:18 AM

Brutal day on Palestine. 23 boats as many showed the good sense to stay home. Zero limits were weighed in. Bryce Glick fishing solo weighed four for 9.78 pounds for the win. Josh Mulkey had big bass with an 8.05 giant. That cold front hit with a vengeance! Full results and pictures will be posted this week
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: RHBC February Tournament! Saturday February 10th - Lake Palestine! - 02/11/18 03:39 AM

nice job gents!!! see yall at the next one. I hate Cypress in the Spring, just fyi!
Posted By: RW Fred

Re: RHBC February Tournament! Saturday February 10th - Lake Palestine! - 02/11/18 12:19 PM

You guys who fished are tough hombre’s.
Mixed feelings now about not being able to make it.

See you at the next one,

Bieber
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: RHBC February Tournament! Saturday February 10th - Lake Palestine! - 02/11/18 02:33 PM

Haha I'm still sad I missed it but my daughter's drill team swept the competition and won everything, and took the big trophy home.

Re: RHBC February Tournament! Saturday February 10th - Lake Palestine! - 02/11/18 11:25 PM

Cold front rolled in about 11:15. Felt like getting slapped with an icy hand. Went from no wind to strong out of the north. We guessed the temperature dropped 15 degrees in 10 minutes. Anyone have results from any of the 86 other tournaments out there yesterday? CAST was already gone by the time we were weighing in. How about FOM? Nothing on their web site yet.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: RHBC February Tournament! Saturday February 10th - Lake Palestine! - 02/12/18 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom
Cold front rolled in about 11:15. Felt like getting slapped with an icy hand. Went from no wind to strong out of the north. We guessed the temperature dropped 15 degrees in 10 minutes. Anyone have results from any of the 86 other tournaments out there yesterday? CAST was already gone by the time we were weighing in. How about FOM? Nothing on their web site yet.

I think 26-27 pounds won FOM, they held them until after 11 and they fished until 5

Re: RHBC February Tournament! Saturday February 10th - Lake Palestine! - 02/12/18 03:39 AM

We knew someone would catch them. Sure wasn't us.
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: RHBC February Tournament! Saturday February 10th - Lake Palestine! - 02/12/18 01:14 PM

Yesterday when I was trying to get somewhere in the sleet that was falling out where I live was sure making me thankful for the weather we did have on Saturday. It did get a little cold towards the end but really not a bad day at all especially with the rather warm temps in the morning. David idled us over to the area we fished and probably only one other boat came in for about 4 hours so we had pretty much the whole area to ourselves. Was a great time except for the brutal lock jaw on the fish. David finally pulled out a decent finish for us by finding an area and catching all of our 3 fish in a short time before the front hit. It is going to be a fun year and glad we were able to partner up for the year. Congrats to the guys who gutted it out and can't wait for the next tournament.
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: RHBC February Tournament! Saturday February 10th - Lake Palestine! - 02/12/18 01:19 PM

Tom - Saw results of Fishers of Men. 43 teams 26lbs and 20lbs at the top. 16 teams caught 10 lbs or better.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum