Texas Fishing Forum

"Jr Day On The Water"...UPDATE and INFO...Please Read JR Anglers

Posted By: Casey Allison

"Jr Day On The Water"...UPDATE and INFO...Please Read JR Anglers - 08/22/09 02:27 AM

I have been very blessed over the last few years here on the Texas Fishing Forum.

With the support and motivation from you the TFF'ers there have been a ton of great things done here by some great people.

I have been talking to a JR angler for the last few months about his passion for Outdoor Writing and Videoing. He knows he want's to be outdoors and that it's pretty tough to be a Pro Angler, that being said he knows he can make it to the next Level with Hard Work and Dedication, but he just want's to be outdoors sharing his passion with others.

We have bounced ideas off each other for a while and couldn't get anything to stick that we both thought would be productive. He had some AWESOME ideas, but they might be better suited for him down the road.

He wants to write about Bass Fishing, and Bass Anglers and we have came up with a great idea.

The Jr angler I'm talking about, most of you know. Cameron Turnquist, he's a very active TFF member and part of a Bass Club and is very respected among JR Anglers as well as other anglers around Texas.

The idea was, to let Cameron take over the "Jr Day On The Water".

He will go with me on a few "Day On The Water" trips and a few "Jr Day On The Water" trips to see and learn what can and can't be done. He knows that there will be hard work in videoing and editing the articles all while writing and painting a picture for the TFF'ers.

He has the full support of his family behind him, as I was sure to make sure of that first.

I know Cameron will do a Great Job, and will have fun doing these. They will all be wrote and posted under his name and titled the same..."Jr Day On The Water".

Cameron, good luck and God Bless. I know you will have fun doing these and will put the video's and write ups on the TFF in such a way that the anglers feel there in the boat with you guys.

JR Anglers go ahead and start PM'ing Cameron, and He and I will work on these until he's ready to take over 100%.

Thanks

Casey

Posted By: Lake Fork Guide

Re: "Jr Day On The Water"...UPDATE and INFO...Please Read JR Anglers - 08/22/09 02:32 AM

Great to hear, cameron will do a heck of a job
Posted By: Cameron T.

Re: "Jr Day On The Water"...UPDATE and INFO...Please Read JR Anglers - 08/22/09 02:40 AM

Cant wait its gonna be a fun deal.

Thanks for the opportunity Mr. Allison
Posted By: JoSkeeter

Re: "Jr Day On The Water"...UPDATE and INFO...Please Read JR Anglers - 08/22/09 03:15 AM

Cameron how old are you? I thought you were 20 or something
Posted By: Dale Griffin

Re: "Jr Day On The Water"...UPDATE and INFO...Please Read JR Anglers - 08/22/09 03:18 AM

Different Cameron lol
Posted By: Jay Kendrick

Re: "Jr Day On The Water"...UPDATE and INFO...Please Read JR Anglers - 08/22/09 03:22 AM

put me in coach.....

Re: "Jr Day On The Water"...UPDATE and INFO...Please Read JR Anglers - 08/22/09 03:25 AM

Okay makes sense I am only 19 so i was just wondering
Posted By: mtannerworley

Re: "Jr Day On The Water"...UPDATE and INFO...Please Read JR Anglers - 08/22/09 04:21 AM

best of luck cameron need any help feel free to call me amigo

Re: "Jr Day On The Water"...UPDATE and INFO...Please Read JR Anglers - 08/22/09 04:26 AM

thanks, sounds good man
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: "Jr Day On The Water"...UPDATE and INFO...Please Read JR Anglers - 08/22/09 06:50 AM

Mr. Allison?!?!?!?!?!?! That's WAY too much respect in my book! smile Looking forward to watching these. Good luck Cameron.
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: "Jr Day On The Water"...UPDATE and INFO...Please Read JR Anglers - 08/22/09 04:17 PM

True leadership is shown when those you mentor can be trained to one day take your place. I think Cameron will learn many things, be provided opportunities to grow and go in directions he cannot fathom and I believe all of us will be richer for living the experience with him.

Many blessings and I look forward to seeing your work.
Posted By: Jay Kendrick

Re: "Jr Day On The Water"...UPDATE and INFO...Please Read JR Anglers - 08/22/09 05:32 PM

its a good thing the guy running this now could actually catch fish on his day on the water hide2

Good job cameron. Its about time you got recognized thumb
Posted By: rb2

Re: "Jr Day On The Water"...UPDATE and INFO...Please Read JR Anglers - 08/22/09 06:43 PM

Sounds cool, lookin foward to seeing it.

Re: "Jr Day On The Water"...UPDATE and INFO...Please Read JR Anglers - 08/23/09 05:36 PM

Thanks guys
Posted By: Mike_Soriano™

Re: "Jr Day On The Water"...UPDATE and INFO...Please Read JR Anglers - 08/23/09 11:09 PM

Congratulations and good luck Cameron,Im sure youll do a great job,I mean,how hard can Caseys job be?lol.JK Casey we all appreciate what you do for us here on the TFF
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: "Jr Day On The Water"...UPDATE and INFO...Please Read JR Anglers - 08/24/09 11:25 AM

Originally Posted By: JoSkeeter
Cameron how old are you? I thought you were 20 or something

I think he's 12 or 13
Posted By: Dale Griffin

Re: "Jr Day On The Water"...UPDATE and INFO...Please Read JR Anglers - 08/24/09 12:16 PM

He's 16.

Re: "Jr Day On The Water"...UPDATE and INFO...Please Read JR Anglers - 08/24/09 04:10 PM

Okay thanks
Posted By: Pat Cella

Re: "Jr Day On The Water"...UPDATE and INFO...Please Read JR Anglers - 08/24/09 05:07 PM

Good move Casey. That's a good boy right there and he will do an excellent job!
Posted By: Joefishin

Re: "Jr Day On The Water"...UPDATE and INFO...Please Read JR Anglers - 08/24/09 10:10 PM

Great deal! Congrats to both of ya, looking forward to seeing some of those videos.
Posted By: CrappieFreaks

Re: "Jr Day On The Water"...UPDATE and INFO...Please Read JR Anglers - 08/26/09 04:49 AM

Originally Posted By: JayKendrick
put me in coach.....

I know the mods probably wont agree with this because he does not take this forum as serious as they do but I had the pleasure of fishing with Jay all season in tournaments and just for fun. He is as good a junior angler as you will find, on and off the water. I gurantee he would not dissapoint if he gets an opportunity to do this. He will catch fish and make it entertaining.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: "Jr Day On The Water"...UPDATE and INFO...Please Read JR Anglers - 08/26/09 12:53 PM

Jay is a good angler... and sometimes his comments get in the way (as do mine) and distract us from his angling skills. Lots of folks know me, so they know I am playing around 99.9% of the time.. life is fun to me. They dont know Jay, and some of his comments come across as smart ellic kid stuff wink This is something I have had to learn: everyone sees what you type and judges you by your commments. It took me awhile to learn that.. and sometimes forget. I like to have fun, and have tried to not be so "smart arsed" with my comments wink

I, for one, would like to see how Jay fishes those big flutter spoons on Cypress Springs smile
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum