Texas Fishing Forum

surf fishing

Posted By: Bruce Allen

surf fishing - 12/07/22 04:34 PM

will Seagaur Invix work in saltwater and what may be the downsides.?
Posted By: Rowdy

Re: surf fishing - 01/09/23 10:20 AM

I have some that has been in the salt. The big thing here I think is to rinse in freshwater really good after each trip. Least that is what I have always done.

Re: surf fishing - 01/09/23 03:51 PM

when fishing for inshore species is 15 LB to big?
Posted By: Rowdy

Re: surf fishing - 01/09/23 05:20 PM

Not to me. I am guilty of using a blood-knot and splice on Seagaur leader material to my main line and I start at 15lb and go up from there. Depending on the fish I am after.

The Trout are a little on the shy side but the blue label Seaguar once in the water throws very little shadow and basically disappears in the water and it's a harder material, least jimo.

The bull reds I have fished for are in and around the grass, the Trout are usually cruising above it in open water. The bull reds are in it, so I am guilty of using 20-25lb. That is just so I can tighten up my drag more and go into more of a combat fishing gear to pull them from the grass.

Now if your going to be fishing around structures like all the demo'd concrete and things they have dumped out there to help make fish habitats, you get where the fish drag your line over some of the old rebar and whatever down there, the 15lb will be in trouble if scrapped over that stuff. The fish are all there, some real nice fish, but it's just like they all know just how to cut us off lol.

So currently I have 3 sizes of leader material and I have gone to the Blue Label- Seagaur, and so far these have covered everything I have been after well enough. I do plan the next order of stuff to get at least one size smaller than the 15lb I have now, but it's mainly going after some freshwater species that are line shy, like an 8-10lb range.

I use this blue label on my fly line for leaders as well as my other reels, it's really good stuff, just hard to find in the different sizes I want. It's a online order item for me, no local shop has the stuff like a true leader material... So as of now I have spools of 15, 25, and 50. Yes my boat is loaded, I have way more stuff than Cabela's and academy combined lol...

Re: surf fishing - 01/10/23 09:11 PM

thanks Rowdy. I have never even seen the blue label in the stores I frequent. I guess I need to trade my new spools of invix 15 for something blue.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum