Texas Fishing Forum

Rattle bait test run

Posted By: Bois d'arc

Rattle bait test run - 04/25/15 04:33 PM

Just finished brushing a few rattle baits. The pattern is pretty simple and is based on a Diawa GameVibe color that really catches fish for me.

Not sure if the size, shape, rattle or color is the key so here are three different types of rattle baits from the same paint schedule. Gonna fish all of them and see what happens. fish
Posted By: basscat dad

Re: Rattle bait test run - 04/25/15 04:50 PM

stop bois you're killing me. every time you touch that airbrush you come up with another fantastic bait. i bet those do catch fish!!
Posted By: C Worthy

Re: Rattle bait test run - 04/25/15 04:54 PM

Those are truly beautiful. That second one looks like he wants to be a bad as*. boxing
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Rattle bait test run - 04/25/15 05:17 PM

Looks great like always bois
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Rattle bait test run - 04/25/15 09:23 PM

Man-O-Man those are great. A big bass will have her some of that.

Re: Rattle bait test run - 04/26/15 12:40 PM

Three more rattle baits in a Threadfin-ish pattern (not clear coated yet):

Used iridescent around the kill dot....may lose that. Thinkin' the yellow along the back needs more detail, like darker scales intermittently along its length. Used Metallic Silver on the sides for flash.. may switch to a lighter pearlescent color. hmmm Suggestions appreciated, as always.

Re: Rattle bait test run - 04/26/15 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: C Worthy
Those are truly beautiful. That second one looks like he wants to be a bad as*. boxing

That darker hue over and in front of the eyes makes 'em look a little angry doesn't it. Those three are my first attempt to knockoff Diawa's Grey/Blue shad pattern. Added a little bling just for grins grin

Re: Rattle bait test run - 04/26/15 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: boisarc

That darker hue over and in front of the eyes makes 'em look a little angry doesn't it. Those three are my first attempt to knockoff Diawa's Grey/Blue shad pattern. Added a little bling just for grins grin

hey bois. throw a reptile eye on those and you'll really get that "i'm bad" look.

Re: Rattle bait test run - 04/27/15 01:31 PM

U killin me.... I am feelin some luv from those threadfin patterns. I like that little bit of purple in there. One more might fine job....

Re: Rattle bait test run - 04/27/15 01:46 PM

I wouldn't change much if anything! If your wanting a little different look maybe a pearl white scale overlay, if won't change the overall appearance much, but might give it a little extra pop. Regardless they are great looking baits and I bet the fish will agree.

Three more rattle baits in a Threadfin-ish pattern (not clear coated yet):

Used iridescent around the kill dot....may lose that. Thinkin' the yellow along the back needs more detail, like darker scales intermittently along its length. Used Metallic Silver on the sides for flash.. may switch to a lighter pearlescent color. hmmm Suggestions appreciated, as always.

Re: Rattle bait test run - 04/27/15 02:07 PM

Great suggestions guys ....thanks a bunch.

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/01/15 03:06 PM

First trip to the lake with the Grey/Blue shad was good....landed lots of 1-3 lb. bass. Most of them were holding just off the top of a tank dam in about 4-6 foot of water. This one, , got more hits than the others and was lost to what felt like a pretty large fish. The others got bit but not like that one. Murphy's Law in play ...only took one of that style bang...starting to not trust Stren fluorocast for leader line. Anyway, first trip is in the books with good results. Sorry no pics...left the cellphone in the truck...too lazy to go back for it.

Does anyone know who carries 1/8 - 1/4 ounce rattle bait blanks? Thinking a floating rattle bait would be a good option, too.

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/06/15 01:30 PM

Can't find small rattle baits anywhere.....BPS carries painted small lipless lures for crappie...but they "apply suction". Found Rattletraps in 1/8 ounce but colors are very limited and the $$ is foolish. Would prefer to do my own patterns. Anyway, I always catch pretty good sized crappie and some bass on small rattlebaits....any info on small lipless blanks would be much appreciated. texas

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/06/15 01:50 PM

Can't find small rattle baits anywhere.....BPS carries painted small lipless lures for crappie...but they "apply suction". Found Rattletraps in 1/8 ounce but colors are very limited and the $$ is foolish. Would prefer to do my own patterns. Anyway, I always catch pretty good sized crappie and some bass on small rattlebaits....any info on small lipless blanks would be much appreciated. texas

go to "get bit custom painted baits. he has a "mini" lipless that's pretty good. i've got several if you want a couple to play with.

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/06/15 02:11 PM

Those 1/2 ounce blanks are sweet....Diawa Vibe rattle baits outperform all my other lipless lures, hands down. Emailed GBCB to get info on the smaller ones...thanks again BC

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/06/15 03:12 PM

I can probably work out a deal for some custom painting of your choice for a couple of these. I scarfed these up when I had the chance because they are incredibly hard to find. I cherish these with my life loco You custom paint a couple and I will give you a couple. These baits are absolutely incredible. If you get hung up, you will go after it or at least I always do. I would love to see these in boisarc threadfin or BC's or Brad's shad patterns.

Sebile Flat Shad 35

Flatt Shad 35 SK - 1x treble hooks
Length: 35mm - 1 3/8 inch
Weight: 2g - 2g= 0.07054792oz
Type: sinking

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/06/15 05:12 PM

Those 1/2 ounce blanks are sweet....Diawa Vibe rattle baits outperform all my other lipless lures, hands down. Emailed GBCB to get info on the smaller ones...thanks again BC

this is what the small ones look like.

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/07/15 12:42 PM

I can probably work out a deal for some custom painting of your choice for a couple of these. I scarfed these up when I had the chance because they are incredibly hard to find. I cherish these with my life loco You custom paint a couple and I will give you a couple. These baits are absolutely incredible. If you get hung up, you will go after it or at least I always do. I would love to see these in boisarc threadfin or BC's or Brad's shad patterns.

Sebile Flat Shad 35

Flatt Shad 35 SK - 1x treble hooks
Length: 35mm - 1 3/8 inch
Weight: 2g - 2g= 0.07054792oz
Type: sinking

I can't believe that no one was interested in a paint / swap on these little baits. These little rascals are $9 ea and are unbelievable swimmers. They are only about the size of a quarter. Real simple, paint two, get two or Brad I saw that you were interested in a Strike King King Shad, just so happens I have an extra in by bag still in the package. Hmmmmmmm

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/07/15 01:16 PM

I have 47 baits in route to repaint for a tffer plus a few other small orders I'm covered up for the next several weeks. Other wise I would gladly do some swapping, sure bois or bcd can work something out with you though.

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/07/15 01:35 PM

The deal is on table boys........ I will swap, King Shads, baby sebile 35s, or combo of both for some custom work on some baby sebile 35s. These little lures are about the size of a quarter so they may be challenging. You can not get them in the US anymore because I think they discontinued them. About a year ago I found them on clearance for $4 I think (Reg $8.97) and bought everyone of them they had. Now the only place I have found them is in Poland for $11.97 and $27 shipping. The run 6" to 18" under the water and vibrate perfect at the most incredible slow speed. Downfall.... they are usually ugly as heck as most sebile lures are. There it is, the challenge. I am open to more than one person swap. I have like 8-10 of these.

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/07/15 01:40 PM

If no one else jumps on it I'll do them, just don't send any more jointed baits bolt

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/07/15 01:43 PM

LMAO.... Hey I told you that was going to be a challenge. Promise you guys, this one is soooooo easy. At least I think it should be. I think that they are so small that putting scales on them might be out of the question. Just looking for some shad patterns. Brad, I got you down as being in. Anyone else. I don't mind the postage. I think this is fun.

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/07/15 04:14 PM

LMAO.... Hey I told you that was going to be a challenge. Promise you guys, this one is soooooo easy. At least I think it should be. I think that they are so small that putting scales on them might be out of the question. Just looking for some shad patterns. Brad, I got you down as being in. Anyone else. I don't mind the postage. I think this is fun.

ok i'm good for one. should be interesting painting something that small. i may have to put a bell on it so i don't loose it.
i bet it will take scale pattern.

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/07/15 04:47 PM

I LOVE THIS LURE..... IT HAS ALREADY CAUGHT ME TWO AND I HAVE NOT EVEN PUT IT IN THE WATER YET. roflmao

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU DO WITH IT BC.... PM ME YOUR ADDRESS AGAIN AS I DON'T KEEP FOLKS PERSONAL INFO IN CASE OF GETTING HACKED. I WILL BE MAILLING THESE OUT IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS. ONE FOR YOU AND ONE FOR ME smile 2 FOR BRAD AND 2 FOR ME. LAST TROPHY WOULD BE BOISARC.... LET'S SEE IF I CATCH A GRAND SLAM. smile ALL JOKING ASIDE, THESE LITTLE LURES ARE SWEET (EXCEPT FOR THE COLORS barf) THATS WHERE YA'LL COME IN. HECK, I WILL EVEN PUT A COUPLE OF BUCKS IN THE ENVELOPE TO COVER RETURN POSTAGE AND THE PADDED ENVELOPE TO USE. THAT WAY THE LURE YOU GET COMES WITH NO CAVEATS.

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/08/15 02:17 AM

If you're in no hurry to get them back send me a couple and I'll see what I can do with them. Pretty busy at the moment..... what patterns are you thinkin' about?

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/08/15 02:24 AM

Just looking for something shadish smile I am putting together some nice care packages for you guys. Need your mailing address again.

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/08/15 02:50 AM

Originally Posted By: basscat dad

That's about the size I'm looking for....no word from GBCB yet.

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/08/15 02:56 AM

i've got four of them and youre welcome to have a couple. just let me know. we still need to get together for coffee in rockwall one day.

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/08/15 01:21 PM

i've got four of them and youre welcome to have a couple. just let me know. we still need to get together for coffee in rockwall one day.

Email received from Phil @ GBCB. Nice guy. You say when and we'll meet up..Starbucks at Ridge road & I30 might be a good spot. Thanks for the rattle bait tip. smile

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/08/15 01:22 PM

Just looking for something shadish smile I am putting together some nice care packages for you guys. Need your mailing address again.

PM'd you with details

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/08/15 01:43 PM

I would like to get in on some coffee and meeting you guys. Ya'll up for some coffee tomorrow morning. I will buy. Say 8:30 at the starbucks.

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/08/15 02:45 PM

Boisarc, BC, Brad...... sent you guys a pm.

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/14/15 01:50 PM

Got the GBCB rattlebait blanks in.....1/8 and 3/16 ounce. They're the perfect size. Thanks to BassCat Dad for the tip thumb. Good folks on this forum. texas

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/15/15 01:46 PM

Turns out that this paint schedule really pops in off color and stained or muddy water. The iridescent colors seem to make the difference.

The Blue/Grey works in clear or slightly stained water but lacks a bit in the runoff from all the rains lately. Still it gets bit now and then wink.

Good luck fish

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/15/15 01:59 PM

You should name that one "Beast Bait" Dang, nice catch.

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/15/15 03:20 PM

You should name that one "Beast Bait" Dang, nice catch.

yeah! THE BEAST. i like it.

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/15/15 09:41 PM

Beast shad

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/19/15 02:27 PM

go to "get bit custom painted baits. he has a "mini" lipless that's pretty good. i've got several if you want a couple to play with.
BC...Just wanted to share the first pattern put on the small rattle baits from GBCB with you. Pretty sure these are gonna' be "big crappie" killers. Thanks again for the info. flehan

Re: Rattle bait test run - 05/19/15 04:37 PM

BC...Just wanted to share the first pattern put on the small rattle baits from GBCB with you. Pretty sure these are gonna' be "big crappie" killers. Thanks again for the info. flehan

those look great. i think youre right. the crappie should go nuts with those. i bet the bass won't shy away from them either.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum