[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Jigs Spinnerbaits Buzzbaits Blade baits

Posted By: Bassjiggin1955

Re: Building flare into your skirts - 03/27/23 06:08 AM

Tools you'll need to tie and trim excess skirt tabs after tying
The flare has and umbrella affect. You can tie them in both round rubber or silicone skirt material.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Building flare into your skirts - 04/29/23 04:10 AM

Nicely done. thumb

Re: Building flare into your skirts - 04/29/23 06:24 AM

I've tied this way for over 30 years it not new what nice skirts won't slip or roll around on the jig collar the thread is locked in and if you tie this way keep the glue in a safe place like a work bench draw or in your tying desk draw. Don't use GLUE on the THREAD to seal the thread you don't need it period on any skirt material or bucktail you tie. The only thing I use glue for is I glue all my weed guards in before I tie my jigs . It was to easy to tie the material on the jig heads with the weed guards in place.
Posted By: balazs

Re: Building flare into your skirts - 05/05/23 02:23 AM

I tied some bladed jigs like this and they look amazing and got bit. Thank you, your jigs are so awesome.

Re: Building flare into your skirts - 05/05/23 03:21 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You can tie your jigs this way also remember always groove the collar of the jig head before you powder coat the jig heads and sharp edges in the groove the powder coat paint will cover up and make the groove smooth.

Re: Building flare into your skirts - 05/05/23 03:29 AM

With your finesse jigs you only need one skirt to do the trick tie the tabs top and bottom and cut trim the tabs away flip over and trim the skirt to the length you want. I do it wit my 1/8 oz and 1/4 oz. Jigs
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum