Texas Fishing Forum

how to start pouring plastics

Posted By: N. D. L.

how to start pouring plastics - 01/19/23 09:44 PM

I want to know if theres a way to make diy molds, and any tips to someone just starting to pour plastics
Posted By: vdavid

Re: how to start pouring plastics - 01/20/23 02:51 PM

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCScpvPNtZxs7gC_lSHXDUcw

Lots of info on this guys youtube channel for making plastics. There are also some older videos where he makes molds.

My main advice would be to make sure you do it outside or in a very well ventilated area. Wear protective clothing. Take your time. If you use a microwave to heat your plastisol don't use that microwave to heat food.
Posted By: N. D. L.

Re: how to start pouring plastics - 01/20/23 10:59 PM

Thanks, just cleaned out my garage for that reason.
Posted By: SenkoSam

Re: how to start pouring plastics - 02/12/23 07:39 PM

1. You need a jug of good plastic. M-F is one of my favorites. It comes in soft, med. hard and firm as well as weighted.

2. plaster of Paris in a disposable aluminum tray hold pre-mixed plaster if your into copying designs. (I have 20 molded copies and 20 silicone and aluminum molds I got from different on-line sources.

3. I would coat the surface and cavities with a gloss coat of something - can't remember the name.

4. dyes are available in all colors as is glitter (which I sell). It only takes a few drops.

5. allow the lure to cool for 20 minutes or longer.

I've used a floor tile to make one of the best shapes ever: a minnow shape with a thin straight tail.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum