Texas Fishing Forum

Beaver Mold

Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Beaver Mold - 11/21/22 10:16 PM

Has anyone seen or used this RI Beaver Mold? Can you inject 2 colors into an injection mold or is it one color only? I have a color I'm needing since RI stopped making it. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Bryanmc57

Re: Beaver Mold - 11/21/22 11:21 PM

With a dual injector and a blending block that mold can be shot as a laminate.

Re: Beaver Mold - 11/21/22 11:39 PM

So would this bait be a laminate? I'm wanting something like this just different color.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Beaver Mold - 11/22/22 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet
So would this bait be a laminate? I'm wanting something like this just different color.

[Linked Image]

Yes, That's a laminate. There are technically two ways to get a laminated bait using that mold. The easy way is with dual injectors and a blending block as stated. The hard way is using foil to separate the mold into two parts. You inject a bunch of 'half' baits, then inject the other half with the different color placing half of the bait you already poured into the mold.

Re: Beaver Mold - 11/22/22 03:07 PM

Man I'm fixing dive off into a world I don't know if I'm ready for all for 1 color haha. Fixing to have to do a ton of research.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Beaver Mold - 11/25/22 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet
Man I'm fixing dive off into a world I don't know if I'm ready for all for 1 color haha. Fixing to have to do a ton of research.

I highly urge you spend some time reading through www.tackleunderground.com as its an amazing resource on building baits.
Posted By: STUMPY58

Re: Beaver Mold - 12/14/22 07:59 PM

Good advice Mark ! Several mold MFG'S make beaver molds get the one you want with at least four cavities and i'll help you with your laminate
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum