Texas Fishing Forum

Who knew 'Chubb'y was the way to go!?

Posted By: SenkoSam

Who knew 'Chubb'y was the way to go!? - 06/03/22 09:10 AM

Like most of you that have cast soft plastic lures, we don't usually pay attention to specific dimensions such as body thickness. If a lure catches fish, that's it! Last year I caught some fish with this body thickened paddle tail grub and forgot I even produced made it.
[Linked Image]

The body was made thicker by dipping the original hand-pour in hot plastic a few times. The idea came back to me a few weeks ago and I dipped a soft plastic lure named Mo Magic by the mold producer. This is the original shape:
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

This is the Chubby body version that immediately caught fish - the force of the strikes was amazing!:
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

So I figured, why stop there and chubify some other shapes - in this case, one similar to the real thing?!
[Linked Image]

Here are others that did dynamite on different lakes!!!
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

This one I call the Light Bulb and found the action is incredible: a fast back & forth waddle and darting with twitches of the rod tip. Kinda reminded me of an underwater Zara Spook.
[Linked Image]

The thicker body I assume is easier for fish to target but at the same time really seems to piss them off!

Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Who knew 'Chubb'y was the way to go!? - 06/03/22 12:49 PM

Good work. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: SenkoSam

Re: Who knew 'Chubb'y was the way to go!? - 06/07/22 01:17 AM

Thanks.

Today I used a downsized curl tail grub and it made a difference catching sunfish that were only pecking at the tail of the 3".
Too bad the wind was 20 mph most of the outing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum