Texas Fishing Forum

Sourcing Quality blanks

Posted By: hadite81

Sourcing Quality blanks - 07/07/21 07:57 PM

Just got my brush and compressor yesterday, waiting on rest to come in... Looking for a quality source for blanks /terminal tackle.
Going to start with Whopper Plopper style, got 5 blanks incoming. Using Mustad treble size 4 and Size 3 Split rings.
would like to find some blanks that are true and straight... thanks.
Posted By: ricochetrabbit

Re: Sourcing Quality blanks - 07/08/21 01:41 PM

Check out https://barlowstackle.com/ They are in North Dallas if you ever make it up that way.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Sourcing Quality blanks - 07/08/21 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by ricochetrabbit
Check out https://barlowstackle.com/ They are in North Dallas if you ever make it up that way.

The store is still closed. I am not sure if they will re-open or remain online only for the rest of their existence.
Posted By: Alan

Re: Sourcing Quality blanks - 07/08/21 03:43 PM

I bought 20 bone poppers from Amazon for 12 dollars. I haven't put hooks on one to yet to but they look nice.
Posted By: Old Tracker

Re: Sourcing Quality blanks - 07/08/21 10:57 PM

Barlows is open but it’s on-line only.
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: Sourcing Quality blanks - 07/09/21 06:43 PM

What style bait are you looking for? They all come from China, and I recently ordered some 1.5 squarebills from china that seems to be of high quality. Any bait you may or may not have to tune once finished, it's just part of the game. If any one wanted to go in together and make a bulk order I would be down to get in on. It's tough to find the perfect blank. Some are better than other and some are just plain junk. It took about 3-4 weeks for the baits to come in.
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Sourcing Quality blanks - 07/09/21 10:15 PM

Cedar Run Outdoors
Backwater Blanks
Alternative Lures
Dinger Baits

These should keep you busy for a while.
Posted By: STUMPY58

Re: Sourcing Quality blanks - 07/26/21 11:03 AM

Predator; Sugartit; Dinger; & Backwater is who I use
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum