Texas Fishing Forum

INLINE SPINNER QUESTION

Posted By: JCBfromTHF

INLINE SPINNER QUESTION - 03/31/19 09:56 PM

Not sure if anyone here builds their own spinners or not but figured I would ask anyway.

I cant find exactly what I am looking for so I am going to build my own. The part I am stuck on is the wire shaft size. The wire size I am looking for is the same size as what you get on the Blue Fox Vibrax 1/8oz #1blade.

Anyone know what size they use on that one??
If you don't know, then do you know what wire size would be the most commonly used on inlines in the 1/8-1/4oz size using #1 and #2 blades?

Thanks
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: INLINE SPINNER QUESTION - 04/01/19 01:01 PM

As custom bait builders we run into these same problems and questions all the time. It cost twice as much to custom build baits; because you cannot get those answers even from the manufacturer of the product that you are trying to replicate. My suggestion is; if you want to get it right without trial and error is to contact Blue Fox and make an attempt at answering your questions about the wire sizes. It is very doubtful that you will get to the right person.

If you order online, you will have some extra product sitting around waiting for an opportunity to use it because it is too large or too small for the application that you need it for. The good thing is Wire is cheap and can be purchased in small quantities at ACE Hardware. Take your Blue Fox into the store and match the wire as close as possible.
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: INLINE SPINNER QUESTION - 04/01/19 03:06 PM

If you have one to measure against then use a pair of calipers to get you answer.
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: INLINE SPINNER QUESTION - 04/01/19 09:12 PM

I have several but no calipers.

Based on some information I found about Mepps I pretty much have it narrowed down to either .024 or .026. Will probably just order both sizes.
Posted By: cjbles

Re: INLINE SPINNER QUESTION - 04/12/19 03:34 PM

Try BumperStumpers. He has 100+ colors and sizes and will make them custom for you. www.bumperstumper.com. Talk to Kerry Kiker
Posted By: Dakota22

Re: INLINE SPINNER QUESTION - 10/20/19 05:52 AM

https://barlowstackle.com/Straight-Wire-Shafts--P904/

These are what I use for mine. Cut to fit.
Posted By: SenkoSam

Re: INLINE SPINNER QUESTION - 10/25/19 12:46 AM

AFW (American Fishing Wire ) is the best I've used to make in-lines, Beetle Spins, weed guard added to jig heads and a spinnerbait that uses a bullet sinker, allowing a wide gap hook to be attached for my hand poured swimbaits..
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Free s/h from Amazon:

AFW Tooth Proof Wire

Many wire diameters, cheap, stainless steel wire and free s/h. I have 5 sizes starting with 30 ft. of 27# test for $4.81. and also 32, 38, 44 and 58# test for nearly the same amount. You'll never use it up but you will find many uses for it.

Great quality wire !
Posted By: Jerry713

Re: INLINE SPINNER QUESTION - 10/25/19 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by JCBfromTHF
Not sure if anyone here builds their own spinners or not but figured I would ask anyway.

I cant find exactly what I am looking for so I am going to build my own. The part I am stuck on is the wire shaft size. The wire size I am looking for is the same size as what you get on the Blue Fox Vibrax 1/8oz #1blade.

Anyone know what size they use on that one??
If you don't know, then do you know what wire size would be the most commonly used on inlines in the 1/8-1/4oz size using #1 and #2 blades?

Thanks

You might reach out to Malin wire. They sell stainless steel leader wire same as what SenkoSam posted just different brand. I've reached out to them with some in depth questions before and they were a big help. I addition to the leader wire I know they sell industrial wire too.

https://malinco.com/
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum