Texas Fishing Forum

Senko plastic formulation ?

Posted By: SenkoSam

Senko plastic formulation ? - 11/24/17 03:37 AM

I've been using M-F sinking plastic and fine salt to make stick worms. I've found that if the bait isn't heavy enough when wacky rigged, it falls too slow for the famous Senko tip wobble. Anything else I can do other than use a jig head?
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Senko plastic formulation ? - 11/24/17 03:50 AM

Wire/tin snips and a metal coat hanger

About a 1/4 inch snip of the metal inserted into the worm gives it the right weight

Experiment with positioning the snip at the front and the middle of the worm
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Senko plastic formulation ? - 11/24/17 04:45 AM

How much salt are you using? I use regular table salt, about 1/3 or more of the plastic by volume. Make sure you stir really well before loading the injector/pouring the plastic.

Re: Senko plastic formulation ? - 11/24/17 01:48 PM

I have tried regular table salt but found it sank to the bottom of the Pyrex cup too fast even stirring like H. Diamond Fine Salt stays in suspension but like any salt, firms the plastic so I have to add softener to soft grade plastic. Your ratio sounds about right. The sticks in 5" and 6" I made yesterday I'll try wacky rigging with a hook and then watch the effect using a 1/8 oz. jighead.
Good thing my pond has semi-clear water.

Thanks Guys!
Posted By: fisheastex

Re: Senko plastic formulation ? - 03/07/18 02:48 PM

Have you tried using the G.B.M.?
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Senko plastic formulation ? - 03/07/18 07:29 PM

I use the glass blasting media and mine hold together better and fall faster than a senko.

Re: Senko plastic formulation ? - 03/08/18 11:03 AM

I bought some g.b.m. last month but haven't used it yet. I'll get back to you. Thanks.

Re: Senko plastic formulation ? - 03/08/18 01:19 PM

4 oz med plastic (Baitjunky)

2 tablespoon glass beads

1 tablespoon softener

Double that if you are making a cup of plastic.
That's what I have been doing since I started this hobby.
Posted By: Kens3313

Re: Senko plastic formulation ? - 03/09/18 12:45 PM

Ive tried using glass media and it was a disaster lol. Got my injector seized up had to use a hammer to get it back apart. So just be careful. I have been wanting to try it again but I'm kinda scared to. Injectors aren't cheap. Fisheastex have you tried using 1 tbs salt and 1 tbs glass media? Ive heard that GYB use a mixture of glass media and salt. I like the thought of the glass media because it don't discolor your plastic so much, and it bonds to the plastic a lot better than salt. What kind of injector are you using fisheastex? I also use bait junky plastic soft
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Senko plastic formulation ? - 03/09/18 12:49 PM

Metal glitter (Hobby Lobby and Michael's in the embossing section) is also heavy (just don't heat it in a microwave)

Re: Senko plastic formulation ? - 03/09/18 05:58 PM

I also have a mix that has both salt and gbm in it.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Senko plastic formulation ? - 03/12/18 05:51 PM

Where do ya’ll get your gbm? I went to TSC, and all I could find was brown/black sand type.

Re: Senko plastic formulation ? - 03/13/18 12:08 PM

Originally Posted By: David Burton
Where do ya’ll get your gbm? I went to TSC, and all I could find was brown/black sand type.

I got mine at Harbor Freight.

Re: Senko plastic formulation ? - 03/13/18 01:59 PM

I get mine from ebay....I think the stuff from Harbor Freight is that jagged edge stuff which will cause your injector to seize up....mine is the glass rounded beads.
Here is the link.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Glass-Bead-MIL-10-AE-100-170-Grit-Abrasive-blasting-media-10-LBS-/111776279995?hash=item1a0662adbb:g:njEAAOSwe-FU8APW

Re: Senko plastic formulation ? - 03/14/18 03:25 AM

that's the same stuff I used, I must have put too much or something, Kinda scared to try again lol

Re: Senko plastic formulation ? - 03/14/18 01:32 PM

I put it in my cold plastic and stir it before I start heating my plastic. Be sure you clean your injector really good after each shoot.
Posted By: Fishermen's Heaven

Re: Senko plastic formulation ? - 03/15/18 08:11 AM

http://www.fishermensheaven.com/senko-stick-baits/

The Gary Yamamoto Senko is the #1 lure in the world for catching bass.

Re: Senko plastic formulation ? - 03/15/18 03:10 PM

Highest price also.

Re: Senko plastic formulation ? - 03/21/18 01:31 PM

have yall ever used a open pour mold to make sencos? just wonder if it would work better so you don't have to deal with injector getting damaged.

Re: Senko plastic formulation ? - 03/21/18 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishermen's Heaven

welcome
This is for lure makers. Once you have 100 posts or pay for your TFF membership you can try to get some sales in the classifieds section.

Re: Senko plastic formulation ? - 03/21/18 05:10 PM

I have not tried open pour myself. I have only been doing this about a year and using the GBM has only scratched the inside of my injector. Still using the same o-ring.

Txmedic033....I so wanted to say something about his little promo, but I do not have a filter on my mouth so I just left it alone. LOL
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: Senko plastic formulation ? - 03/21/18 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033
Originally Posted By: Fishermen's Heaven

welcome
This is for lure makers. Once you have 100 posts or pay for your TFF membership you can try to get some sales in the classifieds section.

That's funny right there. We have a legit soft plastic company and I have never tried to sell anything on this side of the forum. TX is right as this is not the place to push your product or store, but a place to learn and share ideas and what you have produced. If you are making the baits then share with us. If your selling Yamamoto products please move to the classified or plugs section of the forum.
Posted By: R Glover

Re: Senko plastic formulation ? - 03/22/18 09:10 PM

Here you go.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-lb-FINE-SALT-FOR-LURE-MAKING-SOFT-PLASTIC-PLASTISOL/251872771226?hash=item3aa4c97c9a:g:hBsAAOSwBahU-QUi
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum