Texas Fishing Forum

Stocking Rumors?

Posted By: G Love

Stocking Rumors? - 10/26/17 08:55 PM

Been hearing that they're going to stock Weatherford with Hybrids this year. Any truth to that, that anyone knows of? The Sand Bass showed up. They restocked it two years ago and already caught several in the 12" range, while Crappie fishing.

Just curious. Thanks.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Stocking Rumors? - 10/26/17 10:38 PM

They put them in Cleburne this year for the first time so another new lake would be great.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Stocking Rumors? - 10/27/17 12:51 AM

Are you saying they stocked it with Sand Bass?

I looked at TPWD and it does not show any 2017 socking activity there, who knows. It would be nice to have another lake with Hybrids nearby.
Posted By: gborg

Re: Stocking Rumors? - 10/27/17 11:56 AM

The lake is choked full of bait and has far too many yellow bass. I live 15 minutes from the lake , stocking with Hybrids would be the right thing to do!
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: Stocking Rumors? - 10/27/17 12:53 PM

id love to see hybrids in that lake. i take my nephews out from time to time and that would make things more interesting. not much structure thogh so its s tough lake to fish for them unless you want to sit on the bubblers.

Re: Stocking Rumors? - 10/27/17 08:42 PM

Yeah, I feel like it would be a lot of chasing moving fish. All those folks at the marina said that TPWD stocked it in 2015. So maybe not, I know that was the first time I've caught any Sandies out there since the drought. I didn't look at the stocking reports, though. Yeah, it would be cool though if they did.
Posted By: Kerry Dugan

Re: Stocking Rumors? - 10/27/17 09:09 PM

The pipeline from benbrook stocked weatherford with the yellows.
Posted By: 79scooter

Re: Stocking Rumors? - 10/29/17 01:24 AM

Hybrids love to eat yellow bass too

Re: Stocking Rumors? - 10/30/17 03:57 AM

I was told that, Yellow Bass were the reason. But I’m not sure they’d stock it for that reason alone. Either way, it’d be a lot cooler if they did.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum