Texas Fishing Forum

PLEASE HELP I LOST MY ROD N REELS TODAY AT TWAK!!

Posted By: DILLIGAF

PLEASE HELP I LOST MY ROD N REELS TODAY AT TWAK!! - 10/25/17 10:24 PM

I left Towakoni today with my 2 boys, they set the rods strapped together in the bottom of the boat. I got home today and they are gone... i know it’s a long shot but if anybody found some rods near Wills Point, from Holiday Marina. My number is 6823194029 Steven. 6 rod n reels- 2 Duckett rods, abu Garcia, Cabelas rod etc.. I will give a $200 reward if found. Thank you
Posted By: slim1

Re: PLEASE HELP I LOST MY ROD N REELS TODAY AT TWAK!! - 10/26/17 12:04 PM

Wouldn't think they could fly out of the boat. If you stopped anywhere on the way home you might want to check the local pawn shops.
Posted By: Buzzard Breath

Re: PLEASE HELP I LOST MY ROD N REELS TODAY AT TWAK!! - 10/26/17 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By: slim1
Wouldn't think they could fly out of the boat. If you stopped anywhere on the way home you might want to check the local pawn shops.

My thoughts exactly, I had a tackle box vanish while in wills point eating lunch. Sorry for your loss.
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: PLEASE HELP I LOST MY ROD N REELS TODAY AT TWAK!! - 10/26/17 02:43 PM

I have a friend had this happen and never stopped anywhere Shimano combos many and just vanished. They were all in a rod bag together.
Posted By: Cast

Re: PLEASE HELP I LOST MY ROD N REELS TODAY AT TWAK!! - 10/26/17 03:10 PM

I never towed my boat unless everything was stowed and secure. It will blow out every time. Use a transit boat cover to increase your security.
Posted By: DILLIGAF

Re: PLEASE HELP I LOST MY ROD N REELS TODAY AT TWAK!! - 10/26/17 10:15 PM

I had them strap inside the boat, I drove two hours to the lake and they rode just fine so I believe some of you are right they didn’t blow out they were stolen and yes me and my son did stop in Terrell at Subway and eat so I believe that’s where they were stolen.
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: PLEASE HELP I LOST MY ROD N REELS TODAY AT TWAK!! - 10/26/17 11:09 PM

My boat ins will cover them less duct.
Posted By: Paul Rogers

Re: PLEASE HELP I LOST MY ROD N REELS TODAY AT TWAK!! - 10/27/17 03:26 PM

I have some extra ones in the garage you could have if you are near Midlothian. Call me 214-668-8467
Posted By: jasonslabseeker

Re: PLEASE HELP I LOST MY ROD N REELS TODAY AT TWAK!! - 10/31/17 09:06 PM

That is a shame
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: PLEASE HELP I LOST MY ROD N REELS TODAY AT TWAK!! - 11/01/17 04:31 PM

It happens. I unloaded my car a few years ago and suddenly realized my four rods were not in there. Not sure if I left them or they were stolen from the back while I was not looking.

Losing gear unfortunately seems to just be a part of fishing.
Posted By: plk1122

Re: PLEASE HELP I LOST MY ROD N REELS TODAY AT TWAK!! - 11/01/17 05:38 PM

We use to live in a duplex on a street that had lots of duplexes. For some reason, i left my poles leaning under the front porch (for 3 days) I thought it being near the front door it would deter people from running up and getting them. I went to work at midnight with them outside got off at 7 a.m. to go fish and they were gone.

Sad part is my friend a few doors down had her car rummaged through 2 days before and it never crossed my mind to put them inside.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum