Texas Fishing Forum

Back in the saddle and slamming

Posted By: Timmychanga

Back in the saddle and slamming - 10/08/17 05:52 PM

So four weeks after open heart surgery and I am back on the lake. I started back to work last week. I decided to look for some small whites to start out since my lifting restrictions are 5 lbs. Boy, that was impossible after eight fish in less than an hour I packed up and went home beat.The ones that looked over my lifting ability I just let go with pliers in the water. It's sad when you can't find small fish. They are running 18-24feet and laying on the bottom. My scar is healing nicely, but my sternum still hurts quite a bit.

Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Back in the saddle and slamming - 10/08/17 07:22 PM

chicks dig scars...glad to see ya back and doing well cheers
Posted By: Lake Side Lures

Re: Back in the saddle and slamming - 10/08/17 07:25 PM

Nice to see you back in the saddle again Timmy looking forward to some more of you drawings woot
Posted By: Gone Fishin'

Re: Back in the saddle and slamming - 10/08/17 07:40 PM

Just wanted to say Good Luck, Keep Getting Stronger and let you know how much your Cartoons are enjoyed! Puts a smile on my face every time!
Posted By: Luke57

Re: Back in the saddle and slamming - 10/08/17 07:57 PM

Great to hear your back on the water
No cartoon?
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Back in the saddle and slamming - 10/08/17 08:02 PM

This is sooner than I expected. Glad your doing well. I understand the slow startup though. Baby steps are best for now. thumb
Posted By: Neil Aggarwal

Re: Back in the saddle and slamming - 10/08/17 08:03 PM

Glad you are back!
Posted By: RespectTheFish

Re: Back in the saddle and slamming - 10/08/17 08:32 PM

Glad you're doing well! That's a rough surgery...I am a nurse and take care of a lot of post hearts at Hendricks. Sorry you had a hard time finding small fish lol
Posted By: Cactusflyr

Re: Back in the saddle and slamming - 10/08/17 09:22 PM

Welcome back....exactly where they were on Lewisville today. 25 ft, lounging on the bottom. Shoulder surgery to remove a lipoma next Monday, so will be out a while as well.

Re: Back in the saddle and slamming - 10/08/17 10:10 PM

Sorry forgot the cartoon.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Back in the saddle and slamming - 10/08/17 10:13 PM

roflmao

Re: Back in the saddle and slamming - 10/09/17 11:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Cactusflyr
Welcome back....exactly where they were on Lewisville today. 25 ft, lounging on the bottom. Shoulder surgery to remove a lipoma next Monday, so will be out a while as well.
I was on Lake Fort Phantom Hill. A West Texas mud hole full of fish.

Re: Back in the saddle and slamming - 10/09/17 11:19 AM

Originally Posted By: RespectTheFish
Glad you're doing well! That's a rough surgery...I am a nurse and take care of a lot of post hearts at Hendricks. Sorry you had a hard time finding small fish lol
I am grateful for all the Hendricks staff. God bless every one of you.

Re: Back in the saddle and slamming - 10/09/17 03:35 PM

Do you fish for the hybrids year round at Phantom? I started seriously fishing for them a few years ago instead of juglining for catfish and it has been a blast once I started eliminating the unproductive areas and finding the productive ones to check. Haven't tried much in the winter so looking forward to figuring out where they go. I'm betting they stay in the lower half of the lake from the island, points, and spillway and sailboat cove areas that I fish and from what I can tell, where you fish also.

I've seen you several times out there but didn't know it was you at the time. You pulled up, launched the boat and then started cranking the song "I can't stop this feeling" on your speakers lol. I love that song! bannana2
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Back in the saddle and slamming - 10/09/17 04:21 PM

Good to see you back at it, and nice fishing as well thumb

Re: Back in the saddle and slamming - 10/09/17 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by RespectTheFish
Do you fish for the hybrids year-round at Phantom? I started seriously fishing for them a few years ago instead of juglining for catfish and it has been a blast once I started eliminating the unproductive areas and finding the productive ones to check. Haven't tried much in the winter so looking forward to figuring out where they go. I'm betting they stay in the lower half of the lake from the island, points, and spillway and sailboat cove areas that I fish and from what I can tell, where you fish also.

I've seen you several times out there but didn't know it was you at the time. You pulled up, launched the boat and then started cranking the song "I can't stop this feeling" on your speakers lol. I love that song! bannana2

Just follow my boat I catch them year round. They don't do like other hybrids on other lakes. Our lake is different. Sometimes you cant find them on the fish finder but they follow my music...Seriously. They love Ugaaah Chackaaa Gowo Gowo and Michael Jackson as well. Banging the bottom is the key with a deep diver. This time of year they really like Thriller.

Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: Back in the saddle and slamming - 10/09/17 09:59 PM

Nice man! Look forward to your posts
Posted By: gborg

Re: Back in the saddle and slamming - 10/10/17 12:31 PM

The Striper, Hybrid and White section on TFF is whole again. !!

Re: Back in the saddle and slamming - 10/10/17 03:31 PM

Lol! I figured they behave differently at Phantom compared to other lakes. It's so muddy and what worked with a white bass guide in central Texas in clear lakes didn't pan out when I tried the same things in similiar areas such as basin of coves. My best trips always come from water under 20 feet deep so far. When I target fish on a deeper part of the structure I rarely catch anything. But maybe stiring up some mud with a bottom bouncing dd22 is the trick for deeper water for our lake. I may experiment with some downrigging baits that may get that done.

I went yesterday and found several but most of them were disinterested in tactics in deeper water but hoping the cool front and strong wind changes were turning them off temporarily.
Posted By: daddystog

Re: Back in the saddle and slamming - 10/11/17 08:04 PM

Good to see your back out enjoying life

Re: Back in the saddle and slamming - 10/17/17 02:38 AM

Success...grapefruit sized mass removed. Week or so and back on the water.

Re: Back in the saddle and slamming - 10/17/17 02:45 AM

The whole enchilada.....

[img]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10210450798050266&set=pcb.10210450799650306&type=3[/img]
Posted By: RANDY WOOD

Re: Back in the saddle and slamming - 10/21/17 07:00 PM

Man I had one the size of an Goose egg removed. I thought that was big. You get the trophy for largest mass removed on TFF
Tim your thread has officially been hacked lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum