Texas Fishing Forum

Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd.

Posted By: Fishboy Frank

Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/23/17 11:27 PM

It has been awhile since I’ve posted. So Gene (Champion Fish) and I headed to Tawakoni early yesterday. Sometimes you just have to stop working and go fishing. Mentioned the following on a Facebook post about our trip. There are good days and there are great days fishing. Never a bad day fishing. Yesterday was a great day. We are batting a 1,000. Last three trips have been great. This trip Keith (Plano Keith) couldn’t get off work to go along. So we caught for him in proxy! Plus I sent him update texts during the day. And before I forget.

Todd and Pat and Larry were also there in Todd’s boat. They whacked the fish also. We all had an awesome day. Like they say if there’s no pictures. It didn’t happen. Including some pictures. Speaking of not happening. I live on Hubbard and fish it a lot. The best you could say about Hubbard this year is it’s like a light switch. It's either on or off. More off than on lately. So we get our fix at Tawakoni. What a blessing. Was a great fish dinner last night that’s for sure. Here's a few pictures. Todd feel free to add in! P.S. In the first picture Gene is the skinny guy on the right!

Happy Fishing.

Posted By: RespectTheFish

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/23/17 11:41 PM

That's a mess of fish! I want to drive over and check out Tawakoni one of these days...
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/23/17 11:43 PM

Looks great there Frank, I went through let downs today form that trip, look at Todd's outboard motor picture with that Mepps just hanging in mid air. Ready to do it again ASAP

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/24/17 12:23 AM

It's an amazing fishery that's for sure...

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/24/17 12:24 AM

Was a blast Larry! There's not a whole lot I will get up at 3:30 AM for... This is one of them.

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/24/17 12:34 AM

Frank it could have not been much better other than Kieth with us.
Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/24/17 01:16 AM

WTG guys!
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/24/17 01:30 AM

That was a fun Hubbard boys invade Twok trip. Man twok got some biggo and mean o stripers! Been awhile since my drag sang that sweet tune. We were out from 7am to 2. Catching depth was around 16 fow. Tripple digit numbers for both boats cheers

Everyone used their fav lures and all were catching. All mine caught on Tmepps #4 except for two stripers on sassy made by Mark Bovee. We only kept a few to eat.

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/24/17 01:39 AM

I knew you have a great collage Todd! Very nice compilation...
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/24/17 03:09 AM

Great pescado pics! cheers
Posted By: Scotty P

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/24/17 03:27 AM

Excellent day! I got to take a day off and meet you guys out there one of these trips!
Posted By: Coachzee

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/24/17 03:35 AM

Wow. Hubbard gang put a beat down on tawok! I gotta quit playing with the crappie on Hubbard and get some of that good action out east. Way to got Hubbard crew. Great pics and memories for sure!!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/24/17 04:07 AM

Awesome post! cheers
Posted By: Kellys Guide Service

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/24/17 04:57 AM

Great fishing guys!!
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/24/17 11:59 AM

It was another great day at Tawakoni. Frank and I started the day out with our first fish being a Hybrid and we ended the day with double Hybrids as our last fish to go in the boat. We had to leave and left the fish biting.
That Striper Frank caught does not look that big in that picture, I figure it was at least 9lbs or bigger. Weather wise it was a great day, cloudy early with light winds as the day rocked on the sun burned the clouds off and wind was about 13 mph southeast and the breeze felt great. We found all of our fish in 17-25 ft of water working slabs and small spinners. Watch your side scan, we are loving that feature right now.

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/24/17 01:26 PM

Gene I'm ready to go back. Already seeing some pictures from Keith and Terry and Ray today. It's like Deja Vu all over again! Just amazing.
Posted By: etu

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/24/17 06:47 PM

Everyone used their fav lures and all were catching. All mine caught on Tmepps #4

Where can one order a Tmepp lure cheers
Posted By: I love fishing

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/24/17 10:03 PM

Great trip everyone! !! I missed out. Was out there with Mrs "I Love Fishing" at 6:00pm on 9/22/17. Scout around little as time was short before darkness fall. Again awesome trip Todd, Larry, Gene, Frank!!

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/24/17 10:11 PM

I just sent Todd a text to reply about his Mepps....
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/25/17 12:01 AM

Originally Posted By: etu

Everyone used their fav lures and all were catching. All mine caught on Tmepps #4

Where can one order a Tmepp lure cheers
@ SPTmepps dot com. Pontoon owners gets 10% discount cheers
Posted By: DrWhiplash

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/25/17 02:50 AM

Way to nail those fish fellas! Updates received made my Friday work day a little smoother fish coolphotos See y'all on the water soon !!
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/25/17 06:36 PM

Skinny guy Gene - and good looking too!
Posted By: PlanoKeith

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/26/17 12:06 PM

Nice post Frank, Gene , Todd ,Larry and Pat. we are getting some good fishing out there smile

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/26/17 03:15 PM

We are planning our next trip soon! Couple cold fronts and we may even catch some fish on Hubbard... One can only hope.

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/27/17 12:27 AM

Great one today Keith maybe better for me, just cant wait till we all can go at the same time ALL!

Re: Tawakoni: Friday September 22nd. - 09/27/17 02:05 AM

Larry I saw the pictures! The hits just keep on coming. Little play on words there. The fish there hit non-stop.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum