Texas Fishing Forum

Cedar Creek Saturday

Posted By: SteveStrasemeier

Cedar Creek Saturday - 09/17/17 07:16 PM

Rob and I headed for CC 7am. Got to the boat ramp and joy-o-joy there is a Bass Tournament. Lauched from Log Cabin and headed for the dam. Made one stop onthe way but no fish. Went to West side of dam, marked a few and set up. First drop and Rob hooked a Hybrid, then I also got one on. Second stop, first drop and doubled up on Hybrids. My first thought was this could be good then my second thought was this could be very bad. Don't know how many times my first cast landed a fish and that was it for the rest of the day. Second drop Rob hooked a yellow and so did I. After that I got one sb and that was it. Looked at Long Ridge but didn't graph much. Moved over to Merimack and found a few. Caught about 8 there then they were gone. Next stop was Game Warden, got 4 there then they were gone. They sure were not staying put or responding to thumping at all. Went to Spillway hump and a nice young man and his family showed us where they were and we caught the rest of the fish here. Big school hanging out in 14 fow. They didn't want a slab at all. Graph all lit up but they would not bite no matter how we presented. Hated to do it but Hellpet got bites when nothing else we tried did. Only 28 on the clicker but a nice day on CC with a good friend.

First two fish

Posted By: flyingmonkey70

Re: Cedar Creek Saturday - 09/18/17 09:50 PM

I was all over the lake on Thursday and only caught a few here and there. I didn't find large concentrations. I found out on Saturday with Dennis Christian that I was mis-identifying some things on my sonar. Hopefully next time I'll be able to find more on my own.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum