Texas Fishing Forum

PK Friday 09/15

Posted By: ChaserWF

PK Friday 09/15 - 09/12/17 09:17 PM

I am looking for a little direction on where to catch bait and where to fish Friday. I haven't been able to get the boat down to PK much this summer and I am hoping someone can give me a little guidance on some areas where you are finding fish and where bait has been recently. Any helped is greatly appreciated.
Posted By: nesikabay

Re: PK Friday 09/15 - 09/12/17 09:57 PM

This last weekend we caught several using small crappie as bait. The bite was best in the evening using 3 to 5 inch crappie. I am guessing your talking about stripper.
Posted By: nesikabay

Re: PK Friday 09/15 - 09/12/17 10:02 PM

I see your close to lake Arrowhead. I would make a trip there and get some crappie or knowing that lake I do get some sand bass. Use small ones 3 to 5 inchers
Posted By: Dothead

Re: PK Friday 09/15 - 09/12/17 10:40 PM

Originally Posted By: nesikabay
This last weekend we caught several using small crappie as bait. The bite was best in the evening using 3 to 5 inch crappie. I am guessing your talking about stripper.

I tend to use dolla bills to catch strippers. As far as using crappie as bait... You might want to delete that comment. Don't take this the wrong way, but those free books they hand you with your new fishing license do not read themselves.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: PK Friday 09/15 - 09/13/17 12:11 AM

OMG

58.views. How many are real life GW?

Sorry op. I haven't been to pk in a while so lm no help for bait.
Posted By: RespectTheFish

Re: PK Friday 09/15 - 09/13/17 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Dothead
Originally Posted By: nesikabay

I tend to use dolla bills to catch strippers. As far as using crappie as bait... You might want to delete that comment. Don't take this the wrong way, but those free books they hand you with your new fishing license do not read themselves.

roflmao
Posted By: Dothead

Re: PK Friday 09/15 - 09/13/17 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By: jbobo
OMG

58.views. How many are real life GW?

Sorry op. I haven't been to pk in a while so lm no help for bait.

I didn't want to come off like an a$$, but it blew my mind when I read his advice. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, and to the OP as well for not trying to answer his question.. I've never fished PK so can offer no advice. Again I was mind blown at the response he got though...
Posted By: jbobo

Re: PK Friday 09/15 - 09/13/17 02:54 AM

My eyes actually did what the emojis was doing when I read it myself.

Edit: your good dothead. My comment was not at your response. I'm hoping he was joking about using game fish for bait.
Posted By: RANDY WOOD

Re: PK Friday 09/15 - 09/13/17 03:02 AM

Laughed pretty hard at free book doesn't read itself!😁
Bait .....I have no clue. Ok that's a lie! But I am not telling!

Fish on the other hand can be found mid lake. Broadway area.
That is true!
You don't need bait to catch fish. Swim baits and slabs will work.
Bait catches bigger fish but not as many.
You will do better if you stay MOBIL chasing surfacing schools.
Posted By: gborg

Re: PK Friday 09/15 - 09/13/17 12:24 PM

Talk about all over the place !!! I love it.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: PK Friday 09/15 - 09/13/17 12:35 PM

we like stock trout for bait
Posted By: Buzzard Breath

Re: PK Friday 09/15 - 09/13/17 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: butch sanders
Butch is always the master when it comes to bait.

Re: PK Friday 09/15 - 09/13/17 03:23 PM

Randy thank you for the help. I will probably avoid using trout and crappie for bait this week.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: PK Friday 09/15 - 09/13/17 03:43 PM

If they bite on small crappie, they will take small perch. I've caught lots of PK stripers on small perch. Just get some worms and catch some perch by the free launch on the peninsula. Just bring a crappie pole with a number 4 eagle claw hook and a bobber. You'll see the perch hanging close to the bank. You can probably get a enough quickly.

Shad have been very tough this year. I'm sure Randy is going way up lake to get them. He launches at Willow Beach and fishes that upper peninsula to Cedar Creek. I'm sure there are stripers in there somewhere. Down by the dam where I am there are few schools shad and they are running deep and impossible for me to get. Stripers are there, but constantly on the move and difficult to find. You could probably catch some trolling umbrella rigs but unless you know where all the trees are it might be cheaper to hire a guide. I've caught very few keeper stripers this year due to difficulty getting shad and the distraction of the good crappie fishing.

Good luck and post pics if you catch some.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: PK Friday 09/15 - 09/13/17 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Buzzard Breath
Originally Posted By: butch sanders
Butch is always the master when it comes to bait.
thumb
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: PK Friday 09/15 - 09/14/17 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: RANDY WOOD
Laughed pretty hard at free book doesn't read itself!😁
Bait .....I have no clue. Ok that's a lie! But I am not telling!

Fish on the other hand can be found mid lake. Broadway area.
That is true!
You don't need bait to catch fish. Swim baits and slabs will work.
Bait catches bigger fish but not as many.
You will do better if you stay MOBIL chasing surfacing schools.

Randy is right; PK is hot right now... early morning is best but you can find them mid day.

Re: PK Friday 09/15 - 09/16/17 01:22 AM

Well we could not put it all together today. Ran into some issues leaving this morning so we got a late start. We were able to catch some good thread fins pretty quickly this morning, but we could not pin point any fish. We tried Broadway area peanut patch area and few other places. We couldn't find them this morning. Then our trip got cut short due to one of my kiddos getting sick. Great to get out on the lake, but man not fishing the lake for a few months showed today. It was a pretty humbling day. Think we only boated two striper and both were under sized.

Looks like it may be another month before I get back out on the lake. By that time maybe we will have some good early morning top water action.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: PK Friday 09/15 - 09/16/17 01:53 AM

Somedays your the windshield, others the bug. It is great to be out fishing regardless, and hopefully your young one is feeling better.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum