Texas Fishing Forum

Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims

Posted By: Timmychanga

Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/25/17 07:16 PM

Good luck down south guys. All joking aside we will be praying for ya.

Posted By: jbobo

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/25/17 08:21 PM

You decided to wear a shirt today? Temps under 90 make you cold? Lol

Kidding aside, prayers for all affected.
Posted By: Luke57

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/25/17 11:28 PM

Prayers sent south

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/26/17 02:25 AM

Posted By: Luke57

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/26/17 11:42 AM

Good one !!!!
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/26/17 01:14 PM

Creative and funny, TC! Used to live down there. Flooding will be major. Prayers for everyones safety smile
Posted By: Duma

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/27/17 06:09 PM

Its getting bad down here. News channel asking for all available help from people with boats. It's obvious city don't have enough boats to perform rescue. People are stranded in their homes. If rain continues through tonight. Many more will be needing to be rescued and just not enough boats to do it. I am on stand by with my boat for my neigbhorhood. I think we too will be under water if rain persist through tonight and into tomorrow.

Good one Timmy !! Mother nature is full of suprises.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/27/17 09:20 PM

Keep us posted Bruce. We hope you and your family are safe.

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/27/17 10:13 PM

Thanks Champion. I went out today and was greeted by flooded streets so I just turn around and stayed home. Harvy is predicted to make a u turn back out and than right back into Houston as a tropical storm. We are pretty much saturated and cannot handle any more water. Second round would just be total chaos. I just hope meteorologist would be wrong on their prediction and Harvy would dissipate and go away. Good news is we have a Calvary of flat bottom boats coming to Houston to help. Keep us in your prayer.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/28/17 02:58 AM

Prayers up for those who fell victims of Hurricane Harvey! The Lord Jesus Christ has control. angel2
Posted By: scruboak

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/28/17 05:30 AM

I know a few down there they are probably on the boat having a party but prayers for the rest .
Posted By: snowyriver6

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/28/17 10:17 AM

Governor is asking for volunteers with boats . I'm suprised there isnt an organized effort for 10000 boats to head that way

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/28/17 12:29 PM

Only the local boaters can help cuz roads are flooded. My mom and family (South East near Scarsdale), the water started coming in at 1am yesterday and got up to 3ft. 911 line was busy. They finally got rescued by boat at 3pm yesterday. What an epic day for all of us and many more. Mom was bused to my old high school in Houston. Then later picked up by family. Mom is 93, they were all wet, but very strong will and God loving, trusting people, so it's just a minor hassel they had overcame. Thanks for all the buddies who asked and thanks for all the prayers. smile
Posted By: JWC Nauticstar

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/28/17 02:08 PM

I want to hook up the boat and head down there, but I'm not sure how logistically I could help. I wished I had a flat bottom boat at this point. Not sure I could go it alone either.
My boat may be too big to navigate the shallow water.

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/28/17 02:20 PM

Thank goodness we had a break in the rain last night as all of the retension ponds about the size of small lakes in our neigbhorhood are all full to the brim. One hard rain from last night would of put us under water.Thanks for all prayers. We are still not out of the woods yet. Harvey is still out there and is expected to curve back in toward or near Houston. No telling what else will happen. And to add on to the problems corps of engineer is releasing 8000 cfs of water out of resorvior into buffalo bayou. Peoples along that bayou are gonna get more water. My prayer goes to those peoples.

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/28/17 06:07 PM

Its my turn to go rescue my mom now Todd. Water is up to her front door. She is also 80 years old with bad Alzheimer. I need to go get her out before water gets in the house. Its coming up really quick. Not sure streets will allowed me to get to her.

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/28/17 07:16 PM

Be safe, Bruce, and prayers and thought to yours and everyone. It’s a good day to be a good Samaritan for sure. Be careful. Find good slope to unload ur boat. Four wheeler helps. There were many good Samaritan jet skis, yaks, and smaller boats yesterday rescuing folks. What a site to see not mentioning jet fleas I mean skis and fisherman boats united and befriended to help others….miraculous indeed lol.

Yesterday we finally got thru 911 after many hrs trying. Told them there is a 93 yrs elderly, an 8th month pregnant niece, and my 3 yrs older than me brother is mentally challenged. Many boats went past the her house. But mom was eventually rescued by a good Samaritan in a small john boat. The gov boats were just overwhelmed and received orders to only tend to more life critical folks. I don’t think any city can plan for an epic catastrophe like this. Way too much water coming down at once…

Be safe be careful!
Posted By: txhntr

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/28/17 08:10 PM

Praying for everyone to make it thru. May GOD be with you all.

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/29/17 09:56 AM

It is now 5am. Rain and wind is crazy out side. Going to go rescue my boss. He lives next to the resorvior and now is trap way the hell back in the neigbhorhood in his home. Gonna go extract him and im sure many others that wanna leave by now.

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/29/17 12:28 PM

Two and half hours and I still cannot find a route to the bear creek sub division. Many road is under water or block off. So dam frustrating when you know a lot of people needs help and you cant get to them.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/29/17 01:36 PM

Prayers up! angel2

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/29/17 02:15 PM

People next to resiorvoir is going under. In desperate need of help. No boats out here at all.

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/29/17 02:16 PM

We got women's and 2 month old standing in water right now.please send help this way. Lots of people need to get out but no boats.

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/29/17 02:21 PM

Only one coast gaurd helicopter everyone else is unmobile without boats. We got lots of seniors and and people with health issues that need to get out before water rises some more and pets too.

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/29/17 02:23 PM

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/30/17 08:57 AM

Originally Posted By: txhntr
Praying for everyone to make it thru. May GOD be with you all.

Posted By: 89javelin100

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/30/17 09:27 AM

update?? Are y'all getting more boats now? Prayers sent

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/30/17 11:37 AM

TFFer TarponFly of Plano Tx, took his boat down yesterday and rescued BUNCH of familes...Carey shed some tears...at Lake Harvey Of 2017. God bless everyone! Houston may see rainbows this morning.

Re: Our prayers go out to the Hurricane victims - 08/30/17 01:19 PM

I tell y'all the peoples of TEXAS and LOUISIANA is the best !! Lot's of peoples came in with boats to help yesterday and the days before. Thanks guys !! You know who you are.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum