Texas Fishing Forum

Bridgeport hybrids?

Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Bridgeport hybrids? - 08/24/17 02:41 AM

Anybody catching any? Thinking of giving it a try this weekend. Usually can catch a couple on slabs this time of year but haven't tried.
Posted By: Remote2282

Re: Bridgeport hybrids? - 08/24/17 08:47 AM

I was told that the lake was ready to turn over...i don't know if that's true or not because I haven't been out there in 2 weeks. But if you get out there and smell sulfur you got your work cut out for ya. Check the main lake points on the north end of the lake and start shallow and work out to deep.

If it's not turning over then check the the road bed and the South edge of lower unit point. Me and my dad caught a limit of hybrids before sunrise out there 2 weeks ago. Took home 27 sandbass also.
Posted By: gittle47

Re: Bridgeport hybrids? - 08/24/17 11:07 AM

Remote2282 can you tell me where lower unit point is! That is a new one on me! The newly stocked hybrids are on the prowl! They have been working the top of the water very early in the mornings all over the lake. Especially north east of Rattlesnake island towards the humps with Sandies mixed in with them. The general population is around 8 to 10 inches now. They are playing in the deep water too. They are after the ghost minnows so that tells you how small they are.

Here is one of those hybrids caught by the bubbles at the dam!

Posted By: jbobo

Re: Bridgeport hybrids? - 08/24/17 08:00 PM

The point to the west of lower unit hump on the north end of main lake where it turns west to go toward northwest marina.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Bridgeport hybrids? - 08/24/17 08:02 PM

Lakes don't turn over till Late Sept/Oct depending on how fast it cools off.
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: Bridgeport hybrids? - 08/25/17 03:24 AM

Thanks for input guys. Yeah the temp is still upper 80's. Not close to turnover.
Posted By: Remote2282

Re: Bridgeport hybrids? - 08/25/17 06:40 PM

It's been a funny year and when we got 3" of cold rain in a night.. and day time temps in the low 90s....i thought it could be possible for it to be turning over.
Posted By: BridgeportGuide

Re: Bridgeport hybrids? - 08/25/17 07:52 PM

Lake will turn over Mid-September. The little Hybrids are only 6 inches long at best. Lots of dink Sand bass coming up but going down quick, they are feeding on one inch Shad.
Posted By: BridgeportGuide

Re: Bridgeport hybrids? - 08/25/17 09:56 PM

It has been a strange year, no doubt about that.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum