Texas Fishing Forum

Go to fish Lake Whitney in a couple of days can someone tell me where the striper biting and where can you launch at 6 a.m. i

Posted By: manuelcast

Go to fish Lake Whitney in a couple of days can someone tell me where the striper biting and where can you launch at 6 a.m. i - 08/22/17 04:47 PM

Going fishing in a couple of days can someone tell me if the striper biting
Posted By: mike9582

Re: Go to fish Lake Whitney in a couple of days can someone tell me where the striper biting and where can you launch at 6 a.m. i - 08/22/17 08:28 PM

You can launch at harbor masters marina all hours. Not sure about the striper bite right now.
Posted By: mike9582

Re: Go to fish Lake Whitney in a couple of days can someone tell me where the striper biting and where can you launch at 6 a.m. i - 08/22/17 08:47 PM

You can launch at harbor masters marina all hours. Not sure about the striper bite right now.
Posted By: HighTech Redneck

Re: Go to fish Lake Whitney in a couple of days can someone tell me where the striper biting and where can you launch at 6 a.m. i - 08/24/17 01:09 PM

Harbor Master by the dam. best bet is to look for schooling sandbass and get your baits under them. carry your binoculars. Been schooling up on south side of Island, and in Little Rocky creek. I picked up clients the other day at Little Rocky Lodge and when I went back in and dropped them off was pulling away from the dock when Sandies and Stripers started blowing up in the creek out from their boat ramp.
Posted By: bluesea112

Re: Go to fish Lake Whitney in a couple of days can someone tell me where the striper biting and where can you launch at 6 a.m. i - 08/24/17 09:48 PM

We have been catching Stripers at 20 to 25 feet trolling between the state park and the island. Sand bass have been surfacing behind the island and from lofers day use ramp all the way to the main point at lofers west. Most of the action has been in the a.m. hours.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum