Texas Fishing Forum

Hard times on Richland Chambers Lake this morning

Posted By: BOB HOLMES GS

Hard times on Richland Chambers Lake this morning - 07/26/17 12:42 AM

Marshall, grandson Ian and old bud James got here bright and early today. We thoroughly enjoyed the morning but the fishing was kinda like it is this time of the year.
We caught 3 nice hybrid striper to go with a few really nice Sandies and called it a morning!
Pretty good trip considering everything !
Thanks guys see you soon! 

Those who would rather stare at a TV screen, flip a remote button, or play a video game SHOULD try the outdoors once!!
Fishing is such a positive form of recreation for anyone . Give it a try, you want be disappointed.
Why not give you me a call at 214-728-3310 and let's do some fishing. You can visit my web site at www.texasfishingguide.net for trip information.
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Hard times on Richland Chambers Lake this morning - 07/26/17 01:23 PM

I fished RC Monday and caught 40 whites and 11 others, but fishing was tough. Caught most whites at the south end of the old air strip, and they would not touch a #4 Mepps. Had to go with the much smaller #2, so I'm thinking the typical new hatch of shad is out for this time of year (It started last Friday at CC). Guides here at Cedar Creek have to go to trolling the hell-pet rig to catch them. Since I don't like to troll, I catch them using a #2 Mepps silver Aglia spinner with a 3/16 oz weight up the line about 14 inches on small diameter 10 lb line. Locate fish, park where you can cast to them, cast and let the rig go to the bottom then jerk start the retrieve keeping the spinner spinning for 4 to 8 cranks of the reel. Let it go back to bottom and repeat all the way back to the boat.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum