Texas Fishing Forum

TTWOK summer pattern?

Posted By: NUG

TTWOK summer pattern? - 06/22/17 10:23 PM

Plan on staying at the state park starting on Monday. What are the patterns right now for the striper and hybrid and sandbass are the feeding early on top then going down deep by like 9, that's been the pattern for Whitney was wondering if it was the same? Also if you know if live bait is the key right now or artificial have not fished this lake this year so any help would be great not looking for spots just info thanks.

Tight lines

Bo
Posted By: Kayak-Hooligan

Re: TTWOK summer pattern? - 06/22/17 11:09 PM

live bait is the ticket. I try not to use live bait but some area is just snag city, unless you don't mind fishing for treebass hammer
Posted By: Sim69z28

Re: TTWOK summer pattern? - 06/23/17 02:15 AM

I agree live bait is best. We did catch some good hybrids on RSR 1 1/2 oz. jighead with chartreuse 4" swimbait when I was there a couple of weeks ago.
Posted By: Andrew Taylor

Re: TTWOK summer pattern? - 06/23/17 12:59 PM

we aren't having all that much top water action in the AM, but i'd say live bait should do the trick once the sun gets up smile
Posted By: FishinTime

Re: TTWOK summer pattern? - 06/23/17 02:20 PM

Called Andrew a couple of weeks ago but he's booked up. Called Joe Read on a Wed. and got lucky. He had a cancellation for that Friday. We caught em with live bait in the mid lake treetops fishing 30 foot straight down. Sandbass weren't grouped well for us though. Tried about 8 areas and only managed about 10. Great trip though. I learned a lot as I always do when I go with a guide.
Posted By: Andrew Taylor

Re: TTWOK summer pattern? - 06/23/17 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By: FishinTime
Called Andrew a couple of weeks ago but he's booked up. Called Joe Read on a Wed. and got lucky. He had a cancellation for that Friday. We caught em with live bait in the mid lake treetops fishing 30 foot straight down. Sandbass weren't grouped well for us though. Tried about 8 areas and only managed about 10. Great trip though. I learned a lot as I always do when I go with a guide.

Joe is the legend thumb
Posted By: Skippy

Re: TTWOK summer pattern? - 06/24/17 01:01 AM

If Joe is fishing live bait, it's probably required!
Posted By: FishinTime

Re: TTWOK summer pattern? - 06/24/17 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Skippy
If Joe is fishing live bait, it's probably required!

Yup. The last time we went with Joe it was all chartreuse or white 4" plastic swimbaits. We did see one of Matt Cartwright's clients at the dock with a 17 pound striper. Pretty sure he said they were using shad also.
Posted By: NUG

Re: TTWOK summer pattern? - 06/24/17 02:24 AM

Thanks for the info, will be in a center console express boat next week so be on the look out fish hungry
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: TTWOK summer pattern? - 06/24/17 08:44 PM

How do you rig up with live bait (hooks, leader, weight, etc).
Posted By: mike9582

Re: TTWOK summer pattern? - 06/25/17 11:50 PM

Brian I use a Carolina rig with a 1oz Barrell 2 ft leader and 6/0 cat Maxx circle hook.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum