Texas Fishing Forum

Proctor Lake reports?

Posted By: iluvfishin

Proctor Lake reports? - 02/20/17 05:47 PM

Rarely see reports from this lake. Has anyone been doing any good? Might be heading out there this weekend.
Posted By: KG68

Re: Proctor Lake reports? - 02/21/17 12:53 AM

PM fmclee. He generally keeps up with the bite on Proctor. I haven't been on Proctor in two years now. Seems it's either been too low or flooded. hammer
Posted By: trickworm50

Re: Proctor Lake reports? - 02/21/17 07:52 PM

I was out there Saturday from 10 am until 2 pm fishing for black bass, Lake is in excellent shape right now and water clarity was really good. I did not fish for stripers but caught 7 blacks with the biggest being almost 4 lbs. Fish were fat and healthy. Lake had a huge shad spawn after the flooding last year so the stripers should be fat and happy as well.
Posted By: iluvfishin

Re: Proctor Lake reports? - 02/21/17 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By: trickworm50
I was out there Saturday from 10 am until 2 pm fishing for black bass, Lake is in excellent shape right now and water clarity was really good. I did not fish for stripers but caught 7 blacks with the biggest being almost 4 lbs. Fish were fat and healthy. Lake had a huge shad spawn after the flooding last year so the stripers should be fat and happy as well.

Thanks for the report. Mainly fished for the hybrids there. Havent been since the floods. Hopefully all of them didn't go over the spillway lol
Posted By: Play Maker

Re: Proctor Lake reports? - 02/21/17 10:45 PM

The fishing at Proctor has been hurt by recent years' erratic lake levels, in my opinion. It used to be a really good fishery. Not so much anymore.
Posted By: fishslayer74

Re: Proctor Lake reports? - 03/11/17 01:35 PM

Any updates?
Posted By: fmclee

Re: Proctor Lake reports? - 03/12/17 01:46 PM

I fished Proctor Friday the 10th of March .....
Not much luck .... I did have a couple (what felt like big fish) get off the lure while retrieving ....
Maybe they will come around as the water warms....
Posted By: Littlefeather

Re: Proctor Lake reports? - 03/12/17 01:53 PM

The crappie bite has heated up. Hybrids and whites sporadic. Catfish have been pretty good. Proctor is always a hit or miss for me. Lots of old guys tell tales of when this lake was the bomb(prior to Corp. killing fish with herbicide). I've never seen a shad spawn so strong as I saw on Proctor the last two years. I'd say the lake is returning slowly but I'm no old pro! There are fish to be caught. Persistence is the key

Re: Proctor Lake reports? - 03/12/17 01:53 PM

I think I'm going to give it a try next Sat. I can't take anymore... Proctor filled my freezer up last summer. The lake has done me well.

Re: Proctor Lake reports? - 03/15/17 12:13 PM

Went out yesturday and got skunked. That doesn't happen very often. I hit all the usual hot spots and not a single bite. Maybe that cold snap slowed them down that morning. Gonna try again this Sat!

Re: Proctor Lake reports? - 03/19/17 07:36 PM

Report from 3/18/17- went out about noon and got 2 whites as soon as lure hit the water. Didn't get another bite for a few hours. About 3:30 they turned out north of the island about 100 yards out. Got 28 whites and 1 24" hybrid. This time of year is hit and miss. Took a friend whose never been fishing and he landed the hybrid. He'll never forget that!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum