Texas Fishing Forum

Grapevine Report

Posted By: Bradley McCaw

Grapevine Report - 06/14/16 03:49 AM

The bite is definitely on... Past couple times we've been out two man limits haven't been a problem, most fish being around 12-14 inches and the occasional monster, most fish found in 25-35 feet of water slabbing
Posted By: NTXBowfisher

Re: Grapevine Report - 06/14/16 12:27 PM

nice
Posted By: triton20x

Re: Grapevine Report - 06/14/16 08:39 PM

What is the hot bait and location? Main point? Thanks.
Posted By: Bradley McCaw

Re: Grapevine Report - 06/15/16 05:57 AM

Main lake points with the trusty chartruse slabs paired with a crappie jig or two
Posted By: BlaiseWeimer

Re: Grapevine Report - 06/15/16 10:36 PM

It's definetly on... Little tougher today but we could've grinded out a 2 man limit if we wanted
Posted By: Txmudder

Re: Grapevine Report - 06/16/16 01:26 PM

Good to hear. May be headed out with my kids this weekend to do a little fishing for Father's Day.

fish
Posted By: CatchNReleaseIntoHotGrease

Re: Grapevine Report - 06/25/16 11:20 PM

Last night there were white caps not white bass. Dang was it windy eeks I have a deep hull with a walk through window. It was so windy my boat could have blown back to the launch. LOL!!! Putting in Sunday morning. I will post up my results.
Posted By: Kenja

Re: Grapevine Report - 06/26/16 01:04 PM

Might have to give grapevine a go.
Posted By: BruceV9er

Re: Grapevine Report - 06/26/16 03:07 PM

How are the feeder creeks around Grapevine Lake (ex....Denton Creek). Thank you.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Grapevine Report - 06/26/16 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: BruceV9er
How are the feeder creeks around Grapevine Lake (ex....Denton Creek). Thank you.

They are flooded right now and the main run up the creeks happens in early spring. Wont be many sandies up there right now.
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Grapevine Report - 06/27/16 12:38 PM

Is Murrell high water ramp open now?
Posted By: Outfitter Nomore

Re: Grapevine Report - 06/27/16 02:22 PM

As per the Corp. yes but I would call them for sure.

Re: Grapevine Report - 06/27/16 03:02 PM

Might drive over there today and see if they are and check it out

Re: Grapevine Report - 06/29/16 10:27 PM

Might know something after tomorrow. Gonna be out there early in the morning and fish til about noon or til it gets too hot.

Re: Grapevine Report - 07/01/16 12:25 AM

Only found one surface school of small 10-12" fish and it was fast and furious for about 30 minutes and then like the ghosts they are nothing but the clean up crew of big gar all around the kill zone. I started cruising around trying to find them again but my motor overheated and starting acting up so I headed back to the ramp about 10am. Fun while it lasted and they sure liked the yellow Bomber and other yellow/white slabs.

Re: Grapevine Report - 07/01/16 12:25 AM

Dang the luck.
Posted By: CatchNReleaseIntoHotGrease

Re: Grapevine Report - 07/03/16 07:24 PM

Got into a school of them surfacing on friday night for about an hour. Darn trolling motor battery is at its end of life. Had a hard time chasing them but still kept about 10 around 12 inches in length. Threw the Heddon silver torpedo at them. Then just like a light switch they turned off.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum