Texas Fishing Forum

Rowlett Creek Today

Posted By: briancooper

Rowlett Creek Today - 03/15/16 09:34 PM

Today I went down to Rowlett creek to catch some sandies. I had caught a few on sunday and only had about 30 minutes to fish today between work stuff. Anyway, I saw a guy catching short crappie off of some structure and keeping them. I approached him and told him that the fish he was keeping were too short and he needed to put them back. He said that he had been fishing here for longer than I had been alive and didn't want to pay me any attention so I called the game warden. I got a call from the game ward (Martin) who said he was headed down there to check it out. I hadn't heard back from him, but I am sure that it wasn't a wasted trip because it seems like there is always something illegal going on down there (ie...short fish, no license, weed, etc...). The last three days I had been down there (never for more than an hour) I have seen people taking illegal fish and I am tired of it.
Posted By: junebugz

Re: Rowlett Creek Today - 03/15/16 09:40 PM

Weed? C'mon man...its the outdoors.
Posted By: PlanoKeith

Re: Rowlett Creek Today - 03/15/16 09:47 PM

Brian i am sorry you had to experience that. I found out a long time ago that there are those ( like that guy ) that will break the game laws and have an aditude about being confronted. Good call getting Martin down there. That is one reason i quit going to Rowlett creek. Hang in there smile
Posted By: Hookinup

Re: Rowlett Creek Today - 03/15/16 10:43 PM

I don't warn people anymore.
Here's what I do.

ME: Hey dude you catchin some crappies ?
Guy fishing: yep a bunch from this here hole
ME: wow......how long are they ?
Guy fishing: oh about 6" or so
ME: You keepin all them crappies ?
Guy fishing: yep all I can catch
ME: OK have fun

Then I call the Game Warden when I get to the truck
Hey Mr. Game Warden some dude is catching & keeping 6" crappie at Rowlett Creek here.
MR Game Wardens says: I'm on the way there now. LOL

Posted By: z7x374

Re: Rowlett Creek Today - 03/15/16 11:09 PM

Good on you. Martin's number is on speed dial in my phone during the spring down at rowlett creek. He definitely appreciates all the help we can get for him. Ive kept him busy with issuing a bunch of tickets to castnetters keeping undersized sandies and crappie.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Rowlett Creek Today - 03/16/16 12:11 AM

They are not just on the creeks, guys out on the lake do the same thing. Thanks for doing the right thing.
Posted By: Let's go

Re: Rowlett Creek Today - 03/16/16 12:22 PM

Fished there yesterday after work and it was packed i bet 50% of the guys there didn't have a license bang
Posted By: MrNovice

Re: Rowlett Creek Today - 03/16/16 03:41 PM

Report, report, report! Maybe we can clear out some of the creek so the licensed guys can actually enjoy it. No fun fishing next to 50 other people setting bad examples by keeping undersized fish.
Posted By: junebugz

Re: Rowlett Creek Today - 03/16/16 04:46 PM

This thread name should change to "Rowlett Creek Snitches" Why don't y'all video people catching undersize fish or not having fishing licenses? And if they give you any lip just turn in the video to Warden. New series on A&E "Rowlett Creek Snitches"

Re: Rowlett Creek Today - 03/16/16 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: junebugz
This thread name should change to "Rowlett Creek Snitches" Why don't y'all video people catching undersize fish or not having fishing licenses? And if they give you any lip just turn in the video to Warden. New series on A&E "Rowlett Creek Snitches"

Ahhh, cause that would be stupid...like red light cameras and not legally hold up in any court.
Posted By: PlanoKeith

Re: Rowlett Creek Today - 03/16/16 05:21 PM

It's a good thing only the original poster can change the name of the thread ! It's fine like it is
Posted By: Hookinup

Re: Rowlett Creek Today - 03/16/16 06:07 PM

I prefer to just take a simple pic.
5 minutes of fame would do them good.

Posted By: Rockwall Roy

Re: Rowlett Creek Today - 03/16/16 07:08 PM

Maybe you should go buy your fishing license now.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Rowlett Creek Today - 03/16/16 07:27 PM

I've got a good idea, why doesn't everyone just follow the law and then this wouldn't be a problem.

Re: Rowlett Creek Today - 03/16/16 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher
I've got a good idea, why doesn't everyone just follow the law and then this wouldn't be a problem.

But, that would be common sense, and we all know that is unheard of these days...hehe!
Posted By: SangerCrappieMan

Re: Rowlett Creek Today - 03/16/16 08:32 PM

I am glad you called the warden. Stupid people can't seem to follow the law.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Rowlett Creek Today - 03/16/16 09:17 PM

99% of people are idiots.
Posted By: iluvfishin

Re: Rowlett Creek Today - 03/16/16 10:24 PM

Lol

"If you aint bitchin' you're snitchin" roflmao

Re: Rowlett Creek Today - 03/16/16 10:35 PM

Originally Posted By: iluvfishin

Lol

"If you aint bitchin' you're snitchin" roflmao

frkazoid
Posted By: VIP Fishing

Re: Rowlett Creek Today - 03/18/16 11:28 AM

I've got an idea.................wait - no I don't.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Rowlett Creek Today - 03/18/16 02:21 PM

Originally Posted By: VIP Fishing
I've got an idea.................wait - no I don't.

^^^ This. Agreed. At least I will keep it to myself. Right?
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: Rowlett Creek Today - 03/18/16 03:44 PM

It would be nice to see a pair of game wardens kayak down the creek and check everyone on the way.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum