Texas Fishing Forum

Hydro wave system

Posted By: Lake Side Lures

Hydro wave system - 01/15/16 03:24 AM

Has anyone had any luck using the hydro wave thumper or the Hydro wave mini on shad feeding frenzy systems for stripers. banana
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Hydro wave system - 01/15/16 02:11 PM

Bobo thumper works better. I had a Hydrowave with the thumper chip in it and I was not very impressed with it.
Posted By: Streetwalker

Re: Hydro wave system - 01/15/16 02:12 PM

It's a scam and the company is run by a man who will lie to your face.
Posted By: BridgeportGuide

Re: Hydro wave system - 01/15/16 02:21 PM

BIG waste of $.
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Hydro wave system - 01/15/16 02:53 PM

see above do not spend your $$$$ on it,
Posted By: don the angler

Re: Hydro wave system - 01/15/16 07:20 PM

Which is better?
Hydrowave
Color collector
ph meter

roflmao
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Hydro wave system - 01/16/16 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Streetwalker

How dare you, the bass guys will not like you saying that roflmao
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Hydro wave system - 01/16/16 02:40 AM

I hope your talking about the one the op mentioned. Not the one Champion mentioned.
If so, we might have to meet at the ramp and have a dance off!! lol
I don't know anything about the Hydro wave though.
I am sort of prejudiced about my Bobo's Thumper.
Posted By: Lake Side Lures

Re: Hydro wave system - 01/16/16 02:58 AM

I was talking to a guy at work and telling him about what I had heard about the BoBo thumper and he was telling me about the hydro wave system, so I looked them up on the internet and was wondering if they really worked. Thats why I ask the question here and from what I read it looks like the BoBo's thumper would be the way to go. I would just like to see one in action to see for my self to see how good it really works. I went on the wave system web site and sent a message with some questions Monday of this week and still have no reply from them so I guess they are like Streetwalker stated. Must be a scam if they will not reply to your questions on their site about their products. de

Re: Hydro wave system - 01/16/16 03:36 AM

The bass guys have them but that doesn't mean much they have everything, I would choose the BoBos, I am not a pounding of the boat fan but I do see more more people doing it so there has to be something to it, I maybe doing it before the winter is over.. Hwave maybe more useful in shallower water. I believe the hwave is about 2x the price

Re: Hydro wave system - 01/16/16 03:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Custom Rod Maker
I was talking to a guy at work and telling him about what I had heard about the BoBo thumper and he was telling me about the hydro wave system, so I looked them up on the internet and was wondering if they really worked. Thats why I ask the question here and from what I read it looks like the BoBo's thumper would be the way to go. I would just like to see one in action to see for my self to see how good it really works. I went on the wave system web site and sent a message with some questions Monday of this week and still have no reply from them so I guess they are like Streetwalker stated. Must be a scam if they will not reply to your questions on their site about their products. de

I was there when this happened, it did not work as he said it would and heaven forbid if you try to return it or get a timely reply trying to contact them, he was very lucky to be able to return it. Don't waste your money on a Hydrowave go with BOBO

Re: Hydro wave system - 01/16/16 04:17 AM

Thanks for the thumb!
Not to hijack CRM's thread, but I try to stand behind my thumper, and want all the feedback I can get. I have been making some improvements directly relating to concerns that some customers have related to me. If anyone is having problems, I want to know, so I can address them.

Re: Hydro wave system - 01/16/16 04:39 AM

Good job BoBo cheers
Posted By: fastguy�

Re: Hydro wave system - 01/16/16 03:30 PM

A lot of the guys that have a Hydrowave also have a stick in the boat juggle I kinda wonder why?

Re: Hydro wave system - 01/16/16 04:20 PM

I'd love to have a BoBo's thumper. One of these days.

Re: Hydro wave system - 01/16/16 04:24 PM

To expand on my first post.

While at the Mesquite Tackle show last winter I talked to the owner of Hydrowave.

He told me that if I bought one and didn't like it he would personally buy it back from me.

So I ordered the unit from Cabela's and a module from Hydrowave. Hydrowave claimed they shipped all orders within 48 hours.

After seven days my order still had not shipped. Lie #1.

Used the unit with the included sounds. No joy. Nothing. Nada.

Contacted the owner and explained the situation and asked if I could come down to his office and follow up on his deal.

He told me there's no way he could do that as it would cost him money. Lie #2. Told me to return it to Cabela's.

Re: Hydro wave system - 01/16/16 05:50 PM

To expand on my first post.

While at the Mesquite Tackle show last winter I talked to the owner of Hydrowave.

He told me that if I bought one and didn't like it he would personally buy it back from me.

So I ordered the unit from Cabela's and a module from Hydrowave. Hydrowave claimed they shipped all orders within 48 hours.

After seven days my order still had not shipped. Lie #1.

Used the unit with the included sounds. No joy. Nothing. Nada.

Contacted the owner and explained the situation and asked if I could come down to his office and follow up on his deal.

He told me there's no way he could do that as it would cost him money. Lie #2. Told me to return it to Cabela's.

Very true as I was there, I know of no one who had a Hydrowave who either still has it or uses it and all wish they had not bought it. I have several friends with BOBO's and all like them especially if you remove the rubber buffer.
Posted By: ebl

Re: Hydro wave system - 01/16/16 07:26 PM

My hyrowave looks real good in the boat house on the shelve next to my color selector
Posted By: BigJohn

Re: Hydro wave system - 01/17/16 03:37 AM

Man I hate reading this and knowing you guys feel that HydroWave didn't take care of you and the product hasn't worked. Now I can't change if you believe in the product or not but will do everything I can to make all these other issues are taken care of. I'm on the road right now and will work on everyone of you guys on here that has had an issue. All my contact information is in my signature and everyone please feel free to contact with me with anything.

Re: Hydro wave system - 01/17/16 05:00 AM

Lenahorse, I stopped putting the rubber pad under the mallet a while back. I kept hearing everyone was taking them off anyway. So why spend the time and expense if it wasn't needed? That was the first change.
I hope that anyone who has experienced problems or have ideas will contact me. I want everyone to be satisfied with their purchase, and pass the word on to others.
Thanks to all for the kind words!

Jeff

Re: Hydro wave system - 01/17/16 02:23 PM

We never caught 1 fish with the hydrowave when we used it then switched to a stick in the same places and bingo great fish showed up.
Posted By: ebl

Re: Hydro wave system - 01/17/16 05:40 PM

Big John Buy mine back and I will throw my color selector in free.

Re: Hydro wave system - 01/18/16 02:02 AM

You would probably get hammered over there
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Hydro wave system - 01/18/16 05:33 AM

As with anything you will get a million different answer. So what are you going to believe. I don't know. I own one. And would buy another one if the one i have stops working. I turn mine on every time i go out. I change the setting a few times during the day. I have noticed ghost minnow around the trolling motor more. I cant say for sure that it helps me catch more fish as i cant see what the fish are doing. I don't know if they come to the sound and see my bait and i catch them or did i just run my bait by one.. If you listen to some old cat fisherman they will tell you beating on the bottom of the boat will attack fish. Do you believe that. To each his own. I have one and believe in it so now you know how one more person feels.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum