Texas Fishing Forum

how to catch strippers and white bass out of canyon lake?

Posted By: Ryan B

how to catch strippers and white bass out of canyon lake? - 08/01/15 01:08 AM

I'm new to the stripper and white bass fishing thing. Can y'all tell me how to get a few good sized strippers and white bass out of canyon lake?
Posted By: justchillin

Re: how to catch strippers and white bass out of canyon lake? - 08/01/15 01:20 AM

For good sized strippers , try dollar bills and twinkies. For white bass try slabs and spinners. !!! Sorry , I could not resist.
Posted By: Brocephus

Re: how to catch strippers and white bass out of canyon lake? - 08/01/15 06:36 PM

Is there a market for heavy set strippers around the San Antonio area? I mean, I know you could probably satisfy that fetish pretty easily in NYC, but central Texas, not sure.
Posted By: Fish Chaser

Re: how to catch strippers and white bass out of canyon lake? - 08/02/15 01:12 AM

You can find plenty of strippers on Harry Hines Blvd. in Dallas.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: how to catch strippers and white bass out of canyon lake? - 08/02/15 03:45 AM

Oh come on give the boy a break.lol Striper has only one P young 'un. For striper and sand bass try slabs, spinners, shad, and trolling deep diving crankbaits. Usually open water on a hump and flats along a creek channel. Good luck. and if your really looking for strippers, some of the marinas have some that come out to do the boating thing sometimes. You would have better luck around Ft. Worth or Dallas.
Posted By: Striper Sniper

Re: how to catch strippers and white bass out of canyon lake? - 08/02/15 01:50 PM

Ryan From my past experience the best chance to catch a striper on Canyon is the cranes mill area. I have fished Canyon for tournaments for the last 5 years or so and that's where the action happens. Feb and March of this year, the weekend before I went, the TSA had a 20, 21, 24, 28 lb striper caught in one tournament. The weekend I went I got a 19 lb. All were caught on live shad. your average striper on that lake is going to be between 18 and 22 inch. Watch out for the fish consumption band.
Posted By: Striper Sniper

Re: how to catch strippers and white bass out of canyon lake? - 08/02/15 01:58 PM

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum