Texas Fishing Forum

February 26th. Lake Texoma. Brrrrr it's cold.

Posted By: Texoma Guide John Blasingame

February 26th. Lake Texoma. Brrrrr it's cold. - 02/27/15 04:02 AM

Today was one of those days that I was glad to be in the big boat. Mike Bonham and his crew fished with me today and I was thinking they might want to reschedule like the rest of my trips this week did but they were committed and ready to go. We left the dock around noon and the winds were really howling. We had to hide from the winds for a while and couldn't go where I really wanted to but I was able to find a bite that was productive. We caught about a dozen or so there and then moved out into open water. We caught a few more in open water and then I spotted a few birds working and it was awesome under the birds and at one point we had three on at a time. We boated about 25 fish on the day up to about 17 lbs and threw back 7 fish from 13-17lbs. I only saw one boat all day and he was hiding in my marina and another buddy was out but they quit early because of the weather. We had to dip the rods a couple times to get the ice off of them and there was some ice build up on the boat when we got done but it really wasn't as bad as I expected. We lasted till dark and never had to turn the heater on. It was a great day on Lake Texoma. It was cold but the fish didn't seem to mind at all.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: February 26th. Lake Texoma. Brrrrr it's cold. - 02/27/15 04:32 AM

The BIG ONES come out to play when it's cold. Nice fish. Good job. cheers
Posted By: jbobo

Re: February 26th. Lake Texoma. Brrrrr it's cold. - 02/27/15 04:43 AM

I wanted to go, but couldn't get my old cold blood to flow enough to brave the drive and the wind. Seems the older I get the more I like the warm house. I don't remember it feeling this cold 10 years ago! People always told me NO! I'm not going fishing with you, you never come home, even if it's cold. Those are nice fish,Good job.
Tight lines,
jeff
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: February 26th. Lake Texoma. Brrrrr it's cold. - 02/27/15 04:48 AM

Went out at noon today and it was windy and felt like in the teens. You guys are brave and glad to hear y'all boated quality fish and numbers too. That's awesome! flehan
Posted By: Joe Slab

Re: February 26th. Lake Texoma. Brrrrr it's cold. - 02/27/15 12:46 PM

Very impressive John. Your ability to find and catch fish in any condition is amazing. flehan
Posted By: TJH

Re: February 26th. Lake Texoma. Brrrrr it's cold. - 02/27/15 01:01 PM

Saw them on your Facebook. Amazing in that rough weather.
Posted By: Lewis Perry

Re: February 26th. Lake Texoma. Brrrrr it's cold. - 02/27/15 04:41 PM

I say you guys are tough! Real tough! Really ice fish!!
Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: February 26th. Lake Texoma. Brrrrr it's cold. - 02/27/15 04:45 PM

Brrr still not mad mine canceled but good day for the big boat for sure. Nice fish!
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: February 26th. Lake Texoma. Brrrrr it's cold. - 02/27/15 04:53 PM

. Brrrrr it's cold.

Dog gone it John. You stole my reply.

Looking out my window the snow is piling up fast. Let us know what the water temps are looking like. Based on what I'm seeing out my window, I'm thinking it's 3 to 4 weeks before water temps bust 55.

Nice fish by the way. Hats off to you on the lake in that wind and cold.
Posted By: moonriver

Re: February 26th. Lake Texoma. Brrrrr it's cold. - 02/27/15 06:20 PM

Your guys are brave! flehan
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum