Texas Fishing Forum

Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission...

Posted By: Fishboy Frank

Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/23/15 12:45 AM

I've commented a lot on others posts but haven't posted much lately. Mainly because that work thing keeps interfering with my fishing! So here we go. Some of the Hubbard gang saw this on text already but for others it's new. Was debating whether or not to go out yesterday with the North wind and the post front conditions. About 3:00 the beautiful wife Kathy says, "You ought to go catch some fresh fish to go with the steak tonight." You should have seen her twisting my arm! Not! We live above Harbor Bay Marina so it's easy to go. But there was another reason. My brother Mark had called me and asked me to get a bag of fresh fish for a man with two kids and a wife that had just gotten laid off recently. They love fish. Well being a Christian I'm first and foremost about helping my fellow man. I stopped where we had been catching for past two weeks. The weather moved the fish out of there. Had a thought to try one of my winter spots hadn't checked in years. Within a minute of arriving and using the tapping stick on the boat they showed up! Water was 49 yesterday. Depth was 25 feet versus 20 feet last week. But as I'm sitting there yanking them in I raised my hand up and said, "Thank you Lord." When fish bite on days considered off days it's a blessing to catch them. But more importantly Jesus multiplied the fish and loaves so I figured he was multiplying the catch for this man's family. My brother came and got the fish and took it to the man. I got a text that he was so thankful for the kindness. It's such a simple thing to do to help someone. Plus the fish with the steak tasted great! All I know is this. God is good and this man will get a new job. Have people praying on it and my brother called Roy who is on here and Roy is checking some leads. Included a picture of some of the fish and also the size shad they are eating. Have used a down sized horizontal slab and fly all winter and it's still working. Blessings. Happy Fishing.

Posted By: benp

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/23/15 12:53 AM

nice work! And great story man! Isn't it funny how things happen. There you were debating on fishing and that happens... cool stuff man, cool stuff.
Posted By: Rockwall Roy

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/23/15 12:55 AM

Can you post the GPS coordinates for me? popcorn
Posted By: DrWhiplash

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/23/15 12:56 AM

Great work Frank!

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/23/15 01:03 AM

Here you go Roy! 593595N 1512458W. These are for Homer, Alaska. Better head out soon! You so crazy....
Posted By: Rockwall Roy

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/23/15 01:05 AM

A hungry fat boy will always find food!

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/23/15 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Rockwall Roy
A hungry fat boy will always find food!

You need to stop putting yourself down! It's not healthy brother! I am laughing so hard...
Posted By: BlueTuna

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/23/15 01:23 AM

Good post Frank!
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/23/15 02:15 AM

Moon Man strikes again. Great post Frank. There are food pantry's around town that serve and cook fresh food for families. Just a thought.
Posted By: Slick Head

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/23/15 02:24 AM

Nice work Frank!
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/23/15 02:43 AM

That's the good ole Fishboy Frank that I/we know clap Nice report, you should post more smile Though Roy showed up from below while you were cleaning fish??? ninja taz

Was a super busy weekend here also. Bball season just ended. Had to run to the pets store three times and loaded 1200 gold fish for the fundraise kiddo fishing game yesterday and today and raised good money for our church. Met a few hundred happy angler kiddos lol

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/23/15 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By: CHAMPION FISH
Moon Man strikes again. Great post Frank. There are food pantry's around town that serve and cook fresh food for families. Just a thought.

Thanks Gene! I'm a big believer in helping people up because one day we could be down...

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/23/15 03:01 AM

Originally Posted By: SeaPro-Todd
That's the good ole Fishboy Frank that I/we know clap Nice report, you should post more smile Though Roy showed up from below while you were cleaning fish??? ninja taz

Was a super busy weekend here also. Bball season just ended. Had to run to the pets store three times and loaded 1200 gold fish for the fundraise kiddo fishing game yesterday and today and raised good money for our church. Met a few hundred happy angler kiddos lol

Those kids will never forget that night! I remember things as a kid at Church to this day. The part about Roy showing up is this. I was wrapping up at the dock last night. I look up and here comes some large hairy creature running down the walkway towards me! I was about to dive under the boat tarp. He stopped and hissed and then retreated. Thank God. We all named him Roy!
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/23/15 03:13 AM

That was what I meant. The hairy hissing creature. grin
Posted By: Yaffe (Jeff)

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/23/15 05:19 AM

Good stuff Frank!!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/23/15 05:35 AM

Nice haul. Good job. cheers
Posted By: PlanoKeith

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/23/15 03:06 PM

Nice report Frank. Don't give out GPS points or 1000 boats will pay 20 dollars to launch and come catch all the fish --LOL--.

Glad you were able to help the guy and his family out. I remember your brother called you three weeks ago when we were out but we weren't keeping any fish. God Bless you Fishboy Frank
Posted By: MtnDew

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/23/15 03:35 PM

Awesome Post ... will say a prayer for you unemployed friend.

-rob

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/23/15 03:47 PM

Thanks for all the kind words... It's funny how the Lord works. My Bible reading in my daily Bible this morning was this. His timing is impeccable!

Mark 6:41-43 "And when he had taken the five loaves and the two fishes, he looked up to heaven, and blessed, and brake the loaves, and gave them to his disciples to set before them; and the two fishes divided he among them all. And they did all eat, and were filled. And they took up twelve baskets full of the fragments, and of the fishes.
Posted By: Scotty P

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/23/15 04:30 PM

There NO coincidences Frank!!! This started my day w a smile!
Posted By: Bry Fly

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/23/15 04:36 PM

What a Day! God is good! Thanks for sharing Frank! Prayers for the unemployed man and his family!
Posted By: Filletmaker

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/23/15 04:58 PM

Your man good man Frank! Hope to see you out soon. cheers flag
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/23/15 05:36 PM

Thanks for sharing - a good example for your fellow anglers!
Posted By: TheDobber

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/24/15 06:02 PM

That's a really good story to hear Frank! Although, coming from you, not a surprising story.
God is good!
Posted By: Coachzee

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/25/15 01:17 AM

Well done frank, great fisherman doing great things.
Posted By: Striper Swiper

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/25/15 02:55 AM

Very nice!
Posted By: All Tint & Upholstery

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/25/15 12:14 PM

Good job Frank. I think I've done work for you before(tv cover). Does your last name start with a n?

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/25/15 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By: All Tint & Upholstery
Good job Frank. I think I've done work for you before(tv cover). Does your last name start with a n?

Yes! Two TV covers...Last name is Niezgoda. You also did the seats in my last boat. I've sent several people your way. You guys do great work. Spoke to one buddy today that is looking to get a custom boat cover made. He will be calling you all.
Posted By: 1tex

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/26/15 05:08 PM

This is my "feel good" post today! Great job Frank!
Posted By: DrWhiplash

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/27/15 03:49 AM

Originally Posted By: 1tex
This is my "feel good" post today! Great job Frank!

And this is my feel good reply of the day cheers Hope your doing well 1tex grin

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/27/15 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: TheDobber
That's a really good story to hear Frank! Although, coming from you, not a surprising story.
God is good!

Thank you! And thanks to everyone for responding. I'm not sure if he wants me to mention his name since he sent me a PM. But I got an offer for more fish for this family from a fellow TFF'er! That's what's it all about...
Posted By: 1tex

Re: Hubbard: 02/21/15- On a mission... - 02/28/15 08:58 PM

Well Hello Dr Whiplash! Doing good thanks! That little feller of yours sure has grown!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum