Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Hubbard Fri Eve and Sat AM. The Good Times Are...

Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Ray Hubbard Fri Eve and Sat AM. The Good Times Are... - 07/13/14 03:58 AM

Back! Well almost back ! LOL

Friday eve, 6 to 8:30. Marked good fish at several structures (woohoo!!) BUT they didnt stay around too long. Caught a few sandies and they vanished and army of yellows showed up. Except near the end of the trip after looking at many spots, i found a huge stack of HYBRIDS under me at the levees. Caught 5 good hibbies in a flurry of 10-15 minutes before they ran off. The graph looked insane but I was too ansxious to catch and not take pic of graph. LOL. It felt fantastic to catch that many hybrids on the home lake! Coulda caught a few more if I didnt stop and take a few pics for proofs, LOL!!

Sat AM, fished from 6:30 to 11. Then RockwallRoy joined later at 9:00. Fish were schooling at mid lake and also on the bps side. Lots of RHSA hibbies 14 inchers mixed in with the sandies. SO BE VERY CAREFUL! But I know I am preaching to the choir on TFF smile We were fishing along DocWhiplash, MadMax, LadiesMan and Luv for the most part. Marked fish on structures again but caught a few and they moved out.

MaxMax is a cute little dude! Next time I want Max fishing with unko SeaproTodd wink

water temp is 85 degrees now. Wind was S 15+ mph Friday and S 5mph Sat. I tried twice to look for Roy Hump but its no longer there. So its a giant floater??? scared
Posted By: etu

Re: Ray Hubbard Fri Eve and Sat AM. The Good Times Are... - 07/13/14 04:06 AM

Great pics Todd
Posted By: Rockwall Roy

Re: Ray Hubbard Fri Eve and Sat AM. The Good Times Are... - 07/13/14 04:29 AM

Thanks for the ride Todd! I wonder if the city went out a pulled it after we send them the info.
Posted By: GoFishNow

Re: Ray Hubbard Fri Eve and Sat AM. The Good Times Are... - 07/13/14 04:36 AM

So its a giant floater???
Good one!
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Ray Hubbard Fri Eve and Sat AM. The Good Times Are... - 07/13/14 09:30 AM

Great pics and fish.
I can't believe that thing was a floater!!
Posted By: don the angler

Re: Ray Hubbard Fri Eve and Sat AM. The Good Times Are... - 07/13/14 10:33 AM

Good report Todd. The hybrids look healthy and I presume they gave a good fight.
Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: Ray Hubbard Fri Eve and Sat AM. The Good Times Are... - 07/13/14 10:53 AM

Sitting in my boat with my oldest waiting on azstriper and his nephew reading your post...looks like you been having some fun.
Posted By: Coachzee

Re: Ray Hubbard Fri Eve and Sat AM. The Good Times Are... - 07/13/14 11:30 AM

Great job Todd. The good times are here indeed!

Re: Ray Hubbard Fri Eve and Sat AM. The Good Times Are... - 07/13/14 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By: don the angler
Good report Todd. The hybrids look healthy and I presume they gave a good fight.
Hey Don. Yes the summer hybrids are much angrier and more P O than the winter hybrids. They are much healthier now than a month ago. Took me several tries to net each one. And one came off at the boat after 30 seconds of good fight.

OH, Twin brother seapro Varner's crew caught a monster hybrid Sat morning. He will show that later. And Sat late noon, buddy Filetmaker caught a 26 incher and several nice hobbies also. Cant wait for that post also. Home lake can be good if ya at the right place and the right time! grin

Oh, all my hybrids were caught on slabs from moes, fiesta and the skinny slab. Sandies were caught on slabs and mepps #4.

Re: Ray Hubbard Fri Eve and Sat AM. The Good Times Are... - 07/13/14 12:38 PM

Originally Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service
Sitting in my boat with my oldest waiting on azstriper and his nephew reading your post...looks like you been having some fun.
Aaron is a striper addict! Aaron likes the red meat on his filet stripers. Make sure you leave them in, Chris. wink
Posted By: Joe Slab

Re: Ray Hubbard Fri Eve and Sat AM. The Good Times Are... - 07/14/14 12:37 PM

Great report Todd. Looks like ya had a good time. coolphotos
Posted By: Chipmaker Tom

Re: Ray Hubbard Fri Eve and Sat AM. The Good Times Are... - 07/14/14 01:31 PM

Hi Todd,
Good job. You are lucky to find hybrids schools.

Tom
Posted By: Whiskey Bob

Re: Ray Hubbard Fri Eve and Sat AM. The Good Times Are... - 07/14/14 03:00 PM

"Todd"
Very Nice Report !
Cool Pic's too !
Thanks !

thumb
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Ray Hubbard Fri Eve and Sat AM. The Good Times Are... - 07/14/14 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: CHAMPION FISH
Great pics and fish.
I can't believe that thing was a floater!!
Might be that someone sheared it off and it will reappear when the lake drops another 3'. Of course it that happens it will be of no concern to me. I use to launch of the bank in Lavon but not sure where I would do that in Hubbard.
Posted By: TheDobber

Re: Ray Hubbard Fri Eve and Sat AM. The Good Times Are... - 07/15/14 02:27 AM

Great report Todd!!
I went out at noon, fished until about 4:00. Got hot and tired and went in. Caught some sandys, not very big. Next time I will follow you! Lol!

Re: Ray Hubbard Fri Eve and Sat AM. The Good Times Are... - 07/15/14 03:09 AM

hehehe, any time Steve grin Thanks again for your very generous hybrid donation for us all to enjoy for years to come! texas
Posted By: DrWhiplash

Re: Ray Hubbard Fri Eve and Sat AM. The Good Times Are... - 07/15/14 08:59 PM

Thank you unko Todd for the great report and pics!!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Ray Hubbard Fri Eve and Sat AM. The Good Times Are... - 07/15/14 11:14 PM

coolphotos Good times. fish
Posted By: VIP Fishing

Re: Ray Hubbard Fri Eve and Sat AM. The Good Times Are... - 07/16/14 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: TheDobber
Next time I will follow you! Lol!

Now you're picking up on the right idea! Who needs fishfinders and trolling motors!!
Posted By: Fishboy Frank

Re: Ray Hubbard Fri Eve and Sat AM. The Good Times Are... - 07/16/14 03:42 AM

Excellent report Todd and good catching! Love the pictures....
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum