Has anybody had any luck on Cooper?
Our last trip was not a good one.
Thanks
Posted By: papamark

Re: Cooper? Anyone? - 06/30/14 01:52 PM

can you get on it
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Cooper? Anyone? - 06/30/14 02:01 PM

We went last month and launched at DR Creek and used the pier to board, no problems at all, there were trailers at most all the ramps, we fished hard and SAW 1 small one caught that was it, water was very muddy.
Posted By: Slingbait

Re: Cooper? Anyone? - 06/30/14 02:17 PM

I have fished almost every weekend until this last one. It has been tough. One day you do okay then the next it is dead. The water has been real stained but it is clearing up now, I hope they will fall into a pattern soon. Tony has had some good days but he has really put in some hard work to have them. I think there was a shad kill last winter, if so it will take some time for them to recover.
Posted By: FishBeeLowMe

Re: Cooper? Anyone? - 07/01/14 12:26 PM

Cooper is very tuff when the lake is muddy LenaHorse. We try to avoid a Muddy Cooper smile
Posted By: jrs_39

Re: Cooper? Anyone? - 07/01/14 06:46 PM

Been out a couple of times since the big rains and the muddy water. Zero fish caught. In the past, how long does it usually take to clear up?
Posted By: striperswag

Re: Cooper? Anyone? - 07/01/14 08:37 PM

Seems to be a lot of guys chomping at the bit for Cooper to turn on! (me too)
Posted By: Slingbait

Re: Cooper? Anyone? - 07/02/14 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By: jrs_39
Been out a couple of times since the big rains and the muddy water. Zero fish caught. In the past, how long does it usually take to clear up?

The water is looking way better almost clear ( Cooper clear). The bite has not come back and they are scattered. I am starting to think it may be Fall before they come around.
Posted By: Drawout

Re: Cooper? Anyone? - 07/02/14 04:17 PM

Give us a good week of HOT July weather and they will stack up fish
Posted By: Texasredneck70

Re: Cooper? Anyone? - 07/02/14 05:20 PM

Headed out on Friday morning, spending the weekend on Cooper!

Will be in a white Bay Stealth with a big chocolate lab sitting up front.

Stop over and say HI.

Barry
Posted By: Bayou boy61

Re: Cooper? Anyone? - 07/03/14 01:30 AM

Think I'll give it try Sunday
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Cooper? Anyone? - 07/03/14 05:46 PM

Last year on the 4th we went to Cooper, we had a great trip and was the 5th boat on the lake. We were getting 100 + fish trips regularly last year.
All fish released.
Posted By: Texasredneck70

Re: Cooper? Anyone? - 07/06/14 08:29 PM

Fishing sucked frown overall a great weekend. Good friends and good times.
Posted By: threeseas

Re: Cooper? Anyone? - 07/07/14 12:13 PM

what redneck said.....Saturday
Posted By: Denny Crane

Re: Cooper? Anyone? - 07/07/14 08:15 PM

Sunday wasn't any better.

d

Re: Cooper? Anyone? - 07/08/14 01:24 AM

I didn't have any luck Sunday

Re: Cooper? Anyone? - 07/09/14 12:30 AM

I didn't have any luck Sunday
Posted By: mehall1087

Re: Cooper? Anyone? - 07/10/14 04:00 PM

Hybrids were up on top with dorsal fins out of the water. What is going on with that? I have only caught them schooling. There was also some sort of moss floating across the lake in small patches.
Posted By: jrs_39

Re: Cooper? Anyone? - 07/10/14 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: mehall1087
Hybrids were up on top with dorsal fins out of the water. What is going on with that? I have only caught them schooling. There was also some sort of moss floating across the lake in small patches.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/10093668/Searchpage/1/Main/815309/Words/+/Search/true/Re:_Low_Activity_in_the_Whites#Post10093668

Posted By: unclefudd

Re: Cooper? Anyone? - 07/10/14 04:50 PM

Who seined Cooper during the drought? Took Grandson and his friend/Dad out to have a little hybrid sting stretching fun. Did not catch a fish. Saw a few sandies schooling. Shad were showing up on the graph but we did not graph a single school of hybrids. Moss was floating all across the lake. If it were a different time of the year I would say the lake was turning over.
Posted By: mehall1087

Re: Cooper? Anyone? - 07/10/14 07:25 PM

are the hybrids deep?
Posted By: unclefudd

Re: Cooper? Anyone? - 07/10/14 10:49 PM

Went across the river channel and all I graphed were what appeared to be catfish suspended at 15-20 feet.
Posted By: Denny Crane

Re: Cooper? Anyone? - 07/11/14 02:45 AM

The moss appears to be decomposing grass, shrubs etc. that was covered up by the recent filling.

Fish still don't know what to do or where to be. The top 15 ft. of water likely has an alkaline imbalance from all the decomposing material on top of all the humps and surrounding bank. Just a guess but there was ~2700 surface acres recently covered in water + all the humps.

Denny
Posted By: Gmw76049

Re: Cooper? Anyone? - 07/11/14 02:53 AM

Strange..saw this last yr on texoma after heavy rains brought some imbalance in the lake..floating grass part of situation too..I think it is fish caught in oxygen depletion due to agricultural chemicals in runoff....there was some fish kill in texoma last yr due to this in middle part of lake.where fish were caught without oxygen...I think? At least my best guess..never got a firm answer on exactl what the cause wad here....cooper will rebound though...hang in there...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum