Texas Fishing Forum

Richland Chambers

Posted By: Ranger7

Richland Chambers - 06/07/14 10:43 PM

Went to Richland Chambers for fishing tournament organized by our vendors at work. We caught lots of sand bass, some catfish and 7 hybrids. Hybrids were caught on live perch and were a lot of fun pulling into the boat. The trip was awesome and I had a lot of fun. Here are some pics.

Posted By: Lincolnt

Re: Richland Chambers - 06/09/14 02:13 PM

looks like a fun trip
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Richland Chambers - 06/09/14 02:45 PM

Those are some nice hybrids! Not sure I've ever seen the hybrids prefer perch over shad but that sure seems to be the case right now. We had 2 perch in the bait tank Saturday and both landed a nice hybrid. On the shad all we caught was unders and sandbass. My guess is the hybrids are feeding on newly hatched sandbass, crappie, perch returning to the main lake after the spawn. One thing is for sure I will put some perch in the bait tank before I hit the water next weekend.
Posted By: Chase Curtis

Re: Richland Chambers - 06/09/14 04:30 PM

Kubroe, Haven't seen you out there in a while.. where you been?
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Richland Chambers - 06/09/14 05:24 PM

Its been a while for sure. Saturday was my first day on RC in probably 2 yrs. Been doing maily offshore fishing the last few years. However, I just sold my offshore boat because time to use it was getting really hard to come by. Fishing out of an 18' G3 boat now. Probably gonna take me a few weeks to get back in the swing of hybrid fishing. We sure didn't do as good as I would have liked this weekend.
Posted By: Chase Curtis

Re: Richland Chambers - 06/09/14 05:54 PM

I just bought an offshore rig.. Actually going to fish it at RC as well. Its a cat boat. I fish out of POC.

I can honestly say that Sunday was the worst day I have had on RC in 4 years. Couple of sand bass and no hybrids. Guess its time to start bait fishing again. But i didnt see much on sunday to drop a bait or a slab too... Never did find them.

Good to hear from you!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum