Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma on Friday!!

Posted By: bpharris

Texoma on Friday!! - 05/22/14 05:13 PM

Just confirmed with my buddy - we're headed out there tomorrow morning!! If ya'll see two dudes in a 21' FishMaster center console, be sure to say hi. We'll be putting in at Loe's.

He has only fished Big Tex once, so I'm hoping I can put him on some fish. If any of you kind TFF folks want to offer some last minute "tips", I'm all ears!!!

See ya'll in the morning!!
Posted By: formula462

Re: Texoma on Friday!! - 05/22/14 06:43 PM

Good luck, I still dont have it figured out enough to be of help. Seems like a rigs 20-30fow are working and trolling.
Posted By: moonriver

Re: Texoma on Friday!! - 05/22/14 07:37 PM

Goog luck.
Posted By: gotta fish

Re: Texoma on Friday!! - 05/22/14 08:46 PM

Alot of drag busters out just look for the boats.
Posted By: Slingshot_86

Re: Texoma on Friday!! - 05/22/14 10:22 PM

Was up there all last week. Fishing was great for me the first of the week then the cold front wind and full moon made it very tough. I would start top water around the islands look for birds. If nothing there head towards t.i. Point and look for the boats.

Re: Texoma on Friday!! - 05/23/14 03:41 AM

The FishMaster is gassed up and ready to go. See ya in the morning!!!
Posted By: Slingshot_86

Re: Texoma on Friday!! - 05/23/14 01:07 PM

Good luck man! Feel free to post up results or better yet gps cords of where all the fish are will be out tomorrow in the a.m. Lol

Re: Texoma on Friday!! - 05/24/14 02:46 AM

OK, here is the official report:

We got on the water a little later than I wanted - we launched at Highport about 6:15. We started to head NE but didn't make it to far before stopping and throwing some topwaters along the rocks. Thats where we caught our biggest fish of the day - a 22" striper on a chrome Chug-Bug. From there, we headed up towards Preston Point. We stopped just before reaching the point and picked off the 12-16" stripers on topwater until about 9am. Ended up with about 30 fish - almost all of them on topwater.
We did make a few stops after that on the south side of the islands and the south shore west of Highport. But, we never caught a fish after leaving our spot by Preston Point. Overall, it was a fun day and the weather was PERFECT!

Its been a year since I've been on Texoma and I couldn't believe what the islands looked like. I've never seen it that low to where you could see all of those stumps stretching out from the islands!
Posted By: hideandseekfish

Re: Texoma on Friday!! - 05/24/14 12:33 PM

What a great report!!
Thanks for sharing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum