Texas Fishing Forum

Benbrook pointers

Posted By: BassAg

Benbrook pointers - 05/02/14 09:58 PM

Taking the wife out to Benbrook lake tomorrow, was wondering if I could get some pointers or some tips on where to look for sandbass/ hybrids/crappie on benbrook. Looking to let my wife catch some fish, also I have only taken my boat out to Benbrook twice so any info would be appreciated. Also is there a baitshop anywhere on 1187? as I will will be coming from The Crowley/burleson area. Thanks!
Posted By: 200Hawk21

Re: Benbrook pointers - 05/03/14 12:09 AM

You can launch at the marina at Dutch Branch near the dam and get minnows there. I was there today so I know they are selling them. Sand bass were on the humps in 22' to 28' before this last front but they moved this week and I couldn't find them today.
Posted By: topherdel

Re: Benbrook pointers - 05/04/14 03:26 AM

This post is a little late but for future trips you can get them at the gas station on the corner of 1187 and 1902. You pass it on the way if you go to Mustang ramp.
Posted By: Jedi-Ninja

Re: Benbrook pointers - 05/06/14 10:02 PM

Best is to catch your own bait. That can be tough on Benbrook right now. Contrary to what you might have heard--they do like perch...alot. If you think the perch or shad is too big---well it is almost big enough.
Posted By: River Mongrel

Re: Benbrook pointers - 05/08/14 12:22 AM

Is 18" big enough?
Posted By: Jedi-Ninja

Re: Benbrook pointers - 05/09/14 12:35 PM

Lightnin Rod---you show me an 18" shad and I'd fish with it. I rather catch a couple of toads than a bunch of just legals any day.
Posted By: River Mongrel

Re: Benbrook pointers - 05/09/14 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Jedi-Ninja
Lightnin Rod---you show me an 18" shad and I'd fish with it. I rather catch a couple of toads than a bunch of just legals any day.

Yep!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum