Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4

Posted By: MtnDew

Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/01/14 03:29 AM

Not sure what this cold snap is going todo to the fish, but got the weekend off and cleared by the wife to make it a double header. We plan to be there by sunrise Sat and not going home till Sunday night. Hoping to find some topwater action.

So, Who else is going to Texoma this weekend ?

We would love to tag team with some others.. PM if want to exchange numbers and trade on-water reports.

-rob
Posted By: formula462

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/01/14 04:30 AM

We are going early Sunday morn, not taking yaks but my 23ftr. Hope to find the top bite as well. We would team up, pm sent
Posted By: twedinger

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/01/14 10:52 AM

Plan on going out both days. Will be going out of Little Mineral
Posted By: Western

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/01/14 11:42 AM

Wish I could go, haven't looked at the weather, but I have to work. bang

Reports are sounding better too, good luck fellas.

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/01/14 12:31 PM

Dennis - I understand work is always getting in the way of my hobby too smile

Got your PM Cody .. If we find them Sat I will send you a text and post to TFF.

I cant' wait, got some new stuff from MT Pockets and was up late sorting and tie things on. I think we are going 100% artificial this trip.
Posted By: Ryan Mill

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/01/14 12:44 PM

I am headed down this evening, will be there until noonish saturday. I hope the topwater bite is still going strong after the front.

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/01/14 12:48 PM

Good Luck Ryan .. please let us know how you do tomorrow.
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/01/14 01:38 PM

Rob we are going back to Tawakoni Fri & Sat this week instead of Texoma, not sure of Sunday yet, I won't go alone with my boat anymore. Good luck & let me know how you do.
MT Pockets tackle is great as well as all the other makers here plus their service is great and have items you don't see in stores.

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/01/14 03:08 PM

I will try to post a report for this evenings bite if I get down in time to fish.
Plan on starting up North.

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/01/14 03:27 PM

Thanks Ryan .. good luck to you.

Hopefully it will be EPIC for us all smile

-rob
Posted By: Taylor Everett

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/01/14 03:29 PM

I will be there Sunday. What ramps are still open? Haven't been there since October.

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/01/14 03:33 PM

We will miss you, Larry and Dennis .. you helped me a lot on my last multi-day trip. This time I have father-in-law with, and the last stripers we caught, just wetted his appetite .. he won't be happy now until we break 10lbs smile

-rob

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/01/14 03:34 PM

Taylor - this is a good list on the SOG site. Seems updated but as always I would call if concerned.

SOG Texoma Ramp List
Posted By: Taylor Everett

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/01/14 05:05 PM

Thanks for the list
Posted By: BBQFISH

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/02/14 01:13 PM

I will be out Sat. at sun rise in the area East of 377 bridge and Buncomb Creek. I would like to fish fuurther East but the "super Stealth Speed Pontoon" only runs about 14 mph. It would take all day to get east of the islands. lol Hope you catch lots of fish.

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/02/14 01:24 PM

My old motor only pushed my small boat to about 16mph, so I know the feeling. The new motor gets me to 23mph, but the water better be smooth or hang on for dear life.

I am still not decided, but odds are high that I will be working west from Highport towards 377. I will PM you my cell, if you can't find the fish by 377 you are welcome to call and see if it is worth the trip towards Mill Creek. Us slow boats need to stick together smile

-rob
Posted By: BBQFISH

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/02/14 01:31 PM

Roger that. My boat is in slip at Cedar Bayou so it takes awhile to get to high port etc.
Posted By: Mike 175F/S

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/02/14 06:05 PM

I'll be out of Highport both days I think. I was up there Wed and had limited success in the cold and wind. Couple a chug bug fish on sandy banks was it. But I only fished for a couple hours. hope to hear about today's reports from whoever went today - Friday.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/02/14 08:05 PM

Water temps fell from last weeks 66-69 to 61-62 yesterday. Fish were still on but were down. Maybe a good hot day can change it but I bet topwater stuff won't be real good for a week or two. That said, I cast at every swirl close enough.

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/02/14 10:13 PM

Thanks PK, I will try topwater, but be more inclined to switch, they should still be shallow in mornings. Packing now smile
Posted By: formula462

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/02/14 10:19 PM

We will find you out on the water im sure..if we find anything will let you know

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/03/14 02:40 AM

Wind forecast has dropped for Sat going to stay under 10 all day .. which means the little boat can go anywhere .. but that also means so many choices .. either way it is going to be EPIC FUN ..

IF ANYONE SEES US , wave and say hello

IF you see us catching fish , your are welcome to come over and ask what we are doing.. everyone helped me out so I will always be glad to return the favor.

Fish On
-rob
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/03/14 03:27 AM

Great time for lures on bigT. You'll do well, Rob smile
Posted By: Gmw76049

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/04/14 02:37 AM

Will be headed out of hi port tomorrow afternoon. Rob I have enjoyed your posts. I fished out of a 1968 starcraft that was very close to yours in the pic. I often felt like a bobber on the big T. Reworked a .20 ft falcon dc that has been great. Looking forward to your report.
Greg
Posted By: newbiefisher

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/04/14 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: PKfishin
I bet topwater stuff won't be real good for a week or two.

Why do you say that?
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/04/14 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By: newbiefisher
Originally Posted By: PKfishin
I bet topwater stuff won't be real good for a week or two.

Why do you say that?

It's on BIG TIME

Re: Texoma - Roll Call for Sat & Sun 5/3,5/4 - 05/06/14 02:37 PM

Broke my phone so couldnt give a report until now.(sorry guys) we did good thursday and friday evening beating windy rocky points north of the rosevelt with pencil poppers. Biggest fish was 16lbs, lots of 19"-22" fish caught and 2 giant crappie on 5" swimbait. Friday morning was horrible for us, guess the cold night messed it up. Im ready to go back now.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum