Texas Fishing Forum

Stripers on AMistad

Posted By: Iowaclone

Stripers on AMistad - 02/26/14 08:00 PM

I'm fishing Amistad for the first time next week (March 3-8). Anyone been doing any good there this week?
Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Since I'm from the Midwest this will probably be the only time I will ever fish this body of water.

When I fish stripers here in Iowa I generally throw topwaters, swimbaits, or troll small crankbaits (Deep Baby N, or Shad Raps)
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: Stripers on AMistad - 02/27/14 01:41 PM

Running up the Devils River. A-Rig, Top waters, swim baits will work for them. Can also catch them on the Mx side.
Posted By: w.ramsey

Re: Stripers on AMistad - 02/27/14 03:20 PM

Last year at this time we were pulling good numbers and very good size stripers at the rough canyon submerged damn location on the devils river arm

just as you cross the underwater dam going down stream look around the 35 to 55 depths

we were using down riggers, pulling white headed buck tails with either yellow or chatrouse (sp) and a pearl 3" trailer worm always a good combination for us had a great trip

good luck
Posted By: dbones

Re: Stripers on AMistad - 02/27/14 05:40 PM

I remember yrs ago as a kid and I do mean yrs ago. My dad took us fishing there. It had to be for the whites, we made a run along way up the river until we couldn't go any farther, there was a rock bluff and we caught tons of whites. Do they make a run this time of yr? If so, which direction or which river?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum