Texas Fishing Forum

Benbrook sandbass run?

Posted By: TheCatcherman4

Benbrook sandbass run? - 02/17/14 07:35 AM

Anyone know where the benbrook sandies go during the spring run? What creek?
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: Benbrook sandbass run? - 02/17/14 01:32 PM

whiskey flats if there is water to get up the river
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: Benbrook sandbass run? - 02/17/14 02:25 PM

Yes whiskey flats. I haven't seen much water flowing through it over the past couple of years though. The majority of our lakes in NTX are in need of some serious rain.
Posted By: mrbelvetron

Re: Benbrook sandbass run? - 02/17/14 02:26 PM

Yep Ketchn is right about Whiskey Flats. I've hit it a couple times during the last two years and been skunked. I've waded almost all the way to the lake before and it seems like there should be enough water but word has it there is an area close to the mouth of the creek that is so low they can't usually get past it. We would need some really good rain for Whiskey Flats to be productive. If you go let us know how you did. The usual parking spot is at 377 and 1187. There is a short road that parallels 377 and ends at the bridge. Usually has plenty of parking just don't leave anything visible in your car. I've found needles and dime baggies around under the bridge so be aware. Never had any problems personally but have seen broken window glass before.

Good Luck!

Re: Benbrook sandbass run? - 02/18/14 01:31 AM

Do yall have an idea when they'll run this year?
Posted By: Muckraker

Re: Benbrook sandbass run? - 02/18/14 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Melton_Fishing17

Re: Benbrook sandbass run? - 02/18/14 01:43 AM

Posted By: muskratbyte

Re: Benbrook sandbass run? - 02/27/14 09:09 PM

I'm kinda wondering the same thing. I went out to a feeder creek recently and got skunked. But I also couldn't find shad, and I understand that they follow the shad.
Posted By: Near Nuthin'

Re: Benbrook sandbass run? - 02/28/14 06:59 AM

Unless we get a good rain pretty quick there won't be much of a run. I've been fishing the Whiskey Flats sand bass run for over 45 yrs. and never seen it as bad as the last 2 or 3.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum