Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Texoma Fishing Report :: Nature's Fish Finders Are Here

Posted By: Stripers Inc.

Lake Texoma Fishing Report :: Nature's Fish Finders Are Here - 11/01/13 05:50 PM

Each month on the water brings its own unique energy to experience and appreciate. In November we are getting in the heart of autumn. The changing leaves paint the horizon around the lake with a beautiful array of color for the perfect back drop to display a feeding frenzy of seagulls and loons hitting the water over schooling stripers. In this space there is magic, wings flapping, fish splashing, loons calling, the fish are biting. The fisherman joins the seagulls, loons, cormorants, stripers, catfish and shad to become apart of this ancient dance of existence. Now his tune is added to the song, lures splashing, rods bending, drags singing, laughing and shouting. This is what it is all about, come join me and be apart of this experience.

November is one of the most consistent months of the year to catch fish as the water temperature is in the optimal range where fish feel comfortable and become active. This month, you get to choose how you want to catch them and what time of the day you want to go. Fish morning or evening using live bait, casting sassy shad or perhaps both, it is up to you the fish will eat whatever you’ve got on the end of your line, at least when you find them in a feeding frenzy which comes and goes through out the day. Typically when the birds are not working, live bait is a better option this month, I’ll be prepared to do both. Fish will be roaming all depths, from shallow along the bank to the middle of the river channel, there is no rhyme or reason just follow the birds. When the birds are sitting, drifting flats in 30-40ft where you’re marking bait or anchoring along a ledge seem to be the most productive approaches for me. When you find the birds working, I like using 4-5” glow in the dark sassy shad, letting it sink a good bit and then varying the speed of the retrieve until you find what they like. A lot of times the change in speed is what will trigger a bite.

This is a great time to fish in the morning or evening, the fish seem to be biting all day. Of course during the week will be better catching as there will be fewer fishermen to divide the bounty between. If you are needing a weekend, I still have a few slots open but they will book quick so act fast. I operate based on a gift economy meaning that my rates are flexible. I have no control over what the day will bring for us so I leave it up to you. We go fishing as friends then after the trip you are free to give what you feel is right or what you can afford. If you wish you can base it on an average rate for my service of around $125/person. I have no expectation, I simply enjoy the experience and will be grateful for all that is given. You can check availability and book your trip online at www.stripersinc.com or give me a call anytime at (903)815-1609 and I’ll get you setup. Also, I offer gift certificates which make for great Christmas or birthday gifts, call or email for more information.

Your Lake Texoma striper fishing guide,
Brian Prichard
Stripers Inc.
www.stripersinc.com
(903)815-1609
Posted By: Buddy 76

Re: Lake Texoma Fishing Report :: Nature's Fish Finders Are Here - 11/01/13 07:45 PM

Nice report thank you
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum