Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma? Ray Hubbard?

Posted By: z7x374

Texoma? Ray Hubbard? - 10/22/13 07:46 PM

I haven't fished for stripers/hybrids/sandies in over 4 months! Feeling the itch to get back on them, anyone have any tips as to where I should go tomorrow? I'm leaning towards texoma since I've heard the top water bite has been fair, I could also try to fish for bass as well.

If I do fish texoma where would the best place for me to launch and not have to run too far for some fish action? Any help is appreciated! Might have an open back seat as well if anyone is interested and knows where to go!
Posted By: VIP Fishing

Re: Texoma? Ray Hubbard? - 10/22/13 08:36 PM

Not Hubbard
Posted By: I love fishing

Re: Texoma? Ray Hubbard? - 10/22/13 10:21 PM

Texoma all the way!! I'm hitting that way this Friday morning and will be launching at Little Mineral Marina. Good luck
Posted By: Fish Chaser

Re: Texoma? Ray Hubbard? - 10/22/13 11:05 PM

I have two friends who used a guide on Texoma today and caught two stripers and one channel cat. They could see the fish all stacked up but could not get them to bite no matter what they threw at them. The falling temps and the rising barometer shut them down.
Posted By: Paul Rogers

Re: Texoma? Ray Hubbard? - 10/22/13 11:26 PM

Originally Posted By: VIP Fishing
Not Hubbard

This.
Posted By: Filletmaker

Re: Texoma? Ray Hubbard? - 10/22/13 11:38 PM

Hubbard where's Hubbard?
Posted By: JD Lyle

Re: Texoma? Ray Hubbard? - 10/23/13 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: AnthonyTricou
I have two friends who used a guide on Texoma today and caught two stripers and one channel cat. They could see the fish all stacked up but could not get them to bite no matter what they threw at them. The falling temps and the rising barometer shut them down.

I don't see how that's even possible ????
Texoma is busting at the seems right now
Posted By: z7x374

Re: Texoma? Ray Hubbard? - 10/23/13 02:08 AM

Originally Posted By: JD Lyle

Haven't been in months, I figured I would try chug bugs around the island out front of high port? Any idea where the best places for a newbie to try and catch some fish? As well as a place that's open early so I can get my texoma license on my way from Dallas?

Not asking for hot spots but would love to not strike out. Should I bring my cast net? Where to get shad?
Posted By: Yaffe (Jeff)

Re: Texoma? Ray Hubbard? - 10/23/13 05:15 AM

Originally Posted By: VIP Fishing
Not Hubbard

rolfmao
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Texoma? Ray Hubbard? - 10/23/13 04:28 PM

Go to High point and fish the islands. Better have a fast quiet trolling motor, as the schooling stripers move fast. If you find the stripers and get close enough to cast, you'll catch them.
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Texoma? Ray Hubbard? - 10/23/13 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By: z7x374
Originally Posted By: JD Lyle

Haven't been in months, I figured I would try chug bugs around the island out front of high port? Any idea where the best places for a newbie to try and catch some fish? As well as a place that's open early so I can get my texoma license on my way from Dallas?

Not asking for hot spots but would love to not strike out. Should I bring my cast net? Where to get shad?

There is a gas station a mile or two up the road from high point that is open early and sells the Texoma license
Posted By: SteveStrasemeier

Re: Texoma? Ray Hubbard? - 10/24/13 11:30 AM

License: The Walmart exit 69/hwy 120, or the Mobil station on Highport Rd. and 289. One other place I just thought of is the front desk at Tanglewood.
Posted By: PlanoKeith

Re: Texoma? Ray Hubbard? - 10/24/13 01:04 PM

You can get the texoma lic at Academy also
Posted By: johnnlucky

Re: Texoma? Ray Hubbard? - 10/24/13 02:03 PM

I always purchase fishing licenses on line. No lines and you can get it anytime.
Posted By: Budward

Re: Texoma? Ray Hubbard? - 10/24/13 04:00 PM

I've been striking out with artificial's on texoma, No problem finding fish but haven't been able to get much to bite besides dinks under the birds.
Posted By: Yaffe (Jeff)

Re: Texoma? Ray Hubbard? - 10/24/13 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: johnnlucky
I always purchase fishing licenses on line. No lines and you can get it anytime.

+1
You print your receipt and they mail the regular lic.
It cost $5 more but I burn that in gas going to get it from walmart or academy
Posted By: Fish Chaser

Re: Texoma? Ray Hubbard? - 10/29/13 02:46 AM

Last Tuesday I had two friends who hired a guide on Texoma and caught two stripers and one catfish. As JD said above that seemed impossible. I went with the two friends today with the same guide out of Mineral Creek, no need to mention his name, and we caught about 15 stripers and three catfish, all on threadfin shad. By going with them I understood why they caught so few.

The guide was a nice guy but he was not aggressive at all and tended to stay in one place too long, expecting the fish to come to us. We caught a few under the birds, which were all over the place, and a few in the river channel. But we stayed in the same general area within a mile west of Mineral Creek all day and didn't move to other areas of the lake. I thought that maybe we should have tried artificials on one or two of the rods, just to see if something different would work.

Some guides like JD Lyle and Chris of Striper Express are great, others are just mediocre. This guy was just mediocre. Live and learn. Next time we'll use JDL or Chris.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum