Texas Fishing Forum

Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid!

Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/15/13 12:38 AM

Where do I start? clap Lots of hero's swimming around in those waters as I write this up. The last 2 weeks has been down right incredible on the lake. Loads and Loads of some of the largest sandies i've seen in a good while have been flipped over the gunwale of mine, teri's and roy's boat lately and customers have been reporting they are tasting really good! thumb

I have broke the handles on 3 of my ice chests in the last 2 weeks. Trying to lift a couple hundred pounds of fish onto the dock wasn't what igloo had in mind I guess??? hammer rolfmao

Fish are hitting hard, are aggressive and want slabs when not schooling. I haven't had to troll in a month, woohoo! clap Toss out the slab and slow roll it back to tha' boat keeping it close to tha' bottom. When sandie or hybrid stops it, set the hook....it's that easy! wink Repeat until you get tired of catching fish. We talk bout' this time of the year all year......AND IT'S FINALLY HERE!

Schooling fish are active too. The weather we've got the last few days has brought them out to play. As long as you putt around on the trolling motor in and out of the game, it's stays GAME ON. If you got to leave for whatever reason and fire up the big motor to leave...you spoil it for everyone else...just something to think bout'.

Sassy Shad is out catching the hybrid under the birds but slabs are catching way more fish overall. Lots and lots of hybrid being caught...don't want to say how many we've had this week because I would sound like a liar but just yesterday we had over 50, laugh , We use 15lb big game and prefer the cherrywoods on either Abu Revo's or Curados. For spinning rods we like the Sienna 4000's FD's. thumb

If you decide to go out tomorrow be careful w/ the lightening w/ are suppose to get mid morning when the squall line comes through...also, watch out for that north wind on the back side of that squall line - Twok is just one of those lakes w/ a north wind, eeks

Also, there are places all over the lake you can get sandbass. Literally from north of the bridge to almost the Kitsee inlet...just move around and look in that magical 8-12ft of water.

**on a side note I had a jeep bought and deal fell through so i'm back in the market. If you or someone you knows has a jacked up jeep w/ 6cyl that is rough holler at me. I may also be interested in a lifted full size pickup. Not looking for anything expensive as it will stay at Holiday Marina to launch from the bank, wink

Here are some pics from the last 10 trips or so mostly in date order:

They have eggs now!

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/15/13 12:39 AM

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/15/13 12:42 AM

Here is a video from 2 days ago we put together just for ya'll, LOL :rolfmao:

Posted By: NTXGS

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/15/13 12:59 AM

Nice video there Teri and Michael!! YEE YEE!!
Posted By: Gonzz

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/15/13 02:20 AM

Nice video. what kind of slabs were you using?
Posted By: Koolaid

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/15/13 03:05 AM

Great Job Michael and Teri. Awesome video. Keep it up, I will be calling ya soon!
Posted By: Reelexcitement

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/15/13 03:48 AM

Your poor customers all look worn out. Cause they been wearing the fish out. Well done.
Posted By: Whiskey Bob

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/15/13 05:32 AM

Great Video !
Posted By: beltonbill

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/15/13 01:05 PM

Great pictures and wonderful video.

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/15/13 10:36 PM

Well, the rain didn't hit good today till after lunch but by then the hybrids had feasted a few times, wink

It was all catching today, tons of good fish caught by the 4 boats I saw out there...Matt n' Fastguy, Joe, ETU and myself.

Fish really turned on bout' 12:30ish and we were the only boat out there. Poured rain and got tired of catching hybrids so we went anchored up and tore up the channel cat in an absolute down pour!

Tommorrow ought to be interesting...strong winds and cooler temps...we'll see.

Fish hit slabs really good today and even schooled out in 40ft of water. Had them under the boat and got them to hit the deadstik....but don't confuse that...it's not deadstik time just yet. laugh

Posted By: etu

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/15/13 11:59 PM

Great times, good seeing yall out.

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/16/13 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: etu
Great times, good seeing yall out.

You too Ed...you and your fishing buddy seem to have things under control, thumb fish
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/16/13 04:45 AM

coolphotos Simply Awesome. As always good job. cheers
Posted By: Cigga

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/16/13 06:26 AM

Awesome video man.
Posted By: beltonbill

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/16/13 11:38 AM

It is great to hear that the mid day bite was so good.
Posted By: ssfireman

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/16/13 01:09 PM

Did lake come up any salsa.?
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/16/13 01:47 PM

I live just N of Tawakoni, we have about 4-1/2" in the gage here and its still raining. My ponds are almost full.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/16/13 01:54 PM

Great fun video thumb

Thats good to hear, Larry! thumb
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/16/13 02:39 PM

That is great news Larry!!!
Posted By: Mix

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/16/13 02:45 PM

Nice. I'll be at a wedding out of town this weekend. frown
Posted By: Marine 2/3

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/16/13 03:34 PM

Nice pics !!!

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/17/13 12:33 AM

Originally Posted By: ssfireman
Did lake come up any salsa.?

Steve, we are up almost 3" thumb

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/17/13 12:34 AM

Fish bit really really really good today. One of those crazy # days for hybrid. Won't even say how many...i'd sound like I lied. laugh

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/18/13 12:44 AM

Yesterday and today were great. Yesterday was epic...only boat on the water all day. Fish schooled from 8:30 till 2:30 (probably longer cuz we left them biting).

Today was different, sandies bit ok hybrids were tough. First day after a cool front and they acted weird. Overall, Tawok is fishing awesome right now. If you want to get in on the action, give us a call @ 903.441.3937

Yesterday:

and, today...

Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/18/13 02:20 PM

Nice job man!!

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/19/13 12:59 PM

Thanks guys! Fishing yesterday was like chasing waterspouts....the fish would form up like it was gonna be a F4 but at last moment they would fall apart and leave you with only a few.

We did get into a F3 bite for about 25 min and got 15 hybrids out of that whirlwind but then they died out.

All fish caught on slabs and they only wanted ONE size slab. Kinda weird.

If you are coming down look for the boats and u will find fish but please use your trolling motor to follow fish.

Posted By: LeroyB

Re: Tawakoni Game On Report! >> Fall is HERE << Pics & Vid! - 10/19/13 03:10 PM

Hello,
Me and a couple of friends were there yesterday morning. We were in a red and black skeeter bass boat. We stayed pretty much back from the pack, you may have seen us running around looking for the fish. We never did find them. My friend caught one hybrid on a chartreuse sassy shad and I caught a sand bass and a small large mouth on a chrome rattletrap. I threw everything in my tackle box that was shiney, but it just made my arm tired. Glad y'all caught some. Maybe it will be better next time.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum