Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Lewisville Thursday 10/10 Report

Posted By: GasPasser

Lake Lewisville Thursday 10/10 Report - 10/11/13 01:11 AM

Met up with FishBoy123 and dad at 2:30. Fished till about 6pm. Fished at our usual spot and it was a average day. While scanning the hump, I told Yanny that those side images outside the hump looks like fish! But I do not like to fish them since they were a bit off the hump. When you cannot locate them after a couple of turns back and forth, what do you do? Yep, I decided to go against what I am comfortable with. Looked and fished a decent distant away from the where I normally do! And guess what!? Stacked, packed and attacking our lures with a vengeance. On top of that, they did not thinned or moved away from us for a good while. Caught easily 30 fish at that spot alone.

To paraphrase SandJohnnie, "The more I fish, the less I know about fishing." What a great day of fishing!

Broke my string of three consecutive hybrid catch outings but filled the cooler. Stop keeping when it was full. All sandies.
Posted By: etu

Re: Lake Lewisville Thursday 10/10 Report - 10/11/13 02:02 AM

Nice! Wish I could get out as often as some of us:)
Posted By: don the angler

Re: Lake Lewisville Thursday 10/10 Report - 10/11/13 10:58 AM

Save some for us! We did well yesterday at the same spot you were on Tuesday. I had trouble keeping the boat on them because of the wind. Big schools in 25-30 feet!
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Lake Lewisville Thursday 10/10 Report - 10/11/13 01:11 PM

Saw you out there Rick and waved but didn't want to get too close to you.

They were stacked on the ridge to the west of you (before you got there) and I wore them out for a little while. Then I moved to that other hump and caught quite a few more. Went to pick up a friend and when I got back, they were gone. Did they show back up on that last spot I saw you on? Went towards the stump fields and saw a little surface action but they were moving fast.

Found some more at Twin trees on the way in.
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Lake Lewisville Thursday 10/10 Report - 10/11/13 01:16 PM

There are no fish in Lewisville!

Nice job laugh
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Lake Lewisville Thursday 10/10 Report - 10/11/13 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Zeek the Greek
There are no fish in Lewisville!

Nice job laugh

Sorry Zeek. Yeah, I didn't catch anything. Move along, nothing to see here.
Posted By: Whiskey Bob

Re: Lake Lewisville Thursday 10/10 Report - 10/11/13 11:04 PM

No fish in that lake !
wink
Posted By: GasPasser

Re: Lake Lewisville Thursday 10/10 Report - 10/11/13 11:44 PM

Saw you heading toward us as I turned away to bring up a fish. When I turned around to wave you over, you were heading away to pick up your friend I think. Swing by and say howdy next time. When I first saw you on my favorite spot, we moved to the spot you vacated. They were there but the school was thin and we sporadically caught fish there.

And you were right about where you saw us last. They did return on the western most side of that hump and about 20 yards south west of there was where we did most of out damage. We tried to wave you over when they were thick underneath us. To bad you were not able to hear us.

BTW, what few fish that are left on LL were all caught by DTA.
Posted By: PittState

Re: Lake Lewisville Thursday 10/10 Report - 10/12/13 12:10 AM

Great catch buddy! I was just looking at your water level, WOW! Almost 9 foot low.....I remember sitting on the bank about 5 years ago or so when they actually shut down the Eldorado bridge for a while because the water was over it. Good news is that you have rain in the forecast for the next 7 days....of course I probably just cursed you all by mentioning it....
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lake Lewisville Thursday 10/10 Report - 10/12/13 03:33 AM

Nice Catch! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum