Texas Fishing Forum

Eagle Mountain 9/15

Posted By: sandjohnny

Eagle Mountain 9/15 - 09/15/13 05:22 PM

Had some boat work done and needed to see if it was fixed. Called LipRip to see if he wanted to go for a couple hours. The good news is the boat is fixed bad news is I could not find any fish. Looked deep shallow on points and humps , One hear and there but basically no fish.Saw Karl Stokes out looking for them.
Johnny
Posted By: Karl J.S.

Re: Eagle Mountain 9/15 - 09/16/13 04:30 PM

Thats all we did was look. Proud to barely avoid the skunk!
Posted By: mattattack44

Re: Eagle Mountain 9/15 - 09/16/13 04:45 PM

Last week i found a large boil happening and boated a number, then a few days later just two. that lake is nice but frustrating at times! wish it had striper!
Posted By: Texs44

Re: Eagle Mountain 9/15 - 09/18/13 02:40 AM

Went out on Eagle Mountain this afternoon. Caught 4 nice catfish and just two sandies. I could get them schooling under the boat but no luck catching them. I caught the catfish on shad that I caught in cast net and the two sandies on the good old ugly slab silver flake color. I don't have any more chartreuse and white. Johnny, I need to put in an order for some more lures, please. Well good thing I don't have a family it's just me and old snoop dog, we wont go hungry tonight. Snoop and I will be back early in the morning on Eagle Mountain, they will start back up sooner or later, we will be there for the action. Have a good evening.
Posted By: DEERSTRANGLER�

Re: Eagle Mountain 9/15 - 09/18/13 03:10 AM

How many weeks will it be before it turns over?

Re: Eagle Mountain 9/15 - 09/18/13 12:22 PM

When I was on the lake last wednesday I thought it was turning over. But it is way early and the lake temp. does not seem low enough. I went to the lake sunday and monday and it did not look like it was turning over. Last year it turned over the 2nd week in Oct. So the short answer is I don't know but I would guess in the next couple of weeks..
Johnny
Posted By: LipRip

Re: Eagle Mountain 9/15 - 09/18/13 08:06 PM

Maybe this weather change will help out this week.
Posted By: Texs44

Re: Eagle Mountain 9/15 - 09/20/13 02:53 AM

Snoop and I went out Wednesday it was a bit windy. I put in at Twin Points and while I was prepping my boat to launch I could see a few sandies boiling up on shad out next to the No Wake bowies, I thought WOW, it's going to be a good day after all. Negative on that good day, I fished for 3 hours mainly looking for sandies and I finally seen a little action on the Humminbird got set up fishing and a wake border tearing it up a ways from me started getting closer and closer until they were right next to me, being stupid barking at Snoop Dog. (Zero Respect) The kicker was Lake Patrol was at their boat dock and had to have seen all this, I just got fed up and left and went home. Jonny, how would I put in a order for more Ole Ugly Slabs and Flies? Would I need to call you and if so, what would be a appropriate time? Thanks!!

Re: Eagle Mountain 9/15 - 09/20/13 01:47 PM

Call me at 817-597-6598 anytime.
Johnny
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum