Texas Fishing Forum

T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics**

Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics** - 08/12/13 05:30 PM

So the weatherman says it's gonna be HOT! Heck Yea! One thing i've learned bout' these summertime stripers on Twok is the hotter the better! There are some techniques you have to tweak a bit...but when you get them fine tuned - it works...and in a big way!

Was a little worried yesterday starting the trip as we looked out over a sea of pristine glass. No ripples on the water other than those caused by meandering baitfish and the occasion slap from: "something"

Lee and crew are fellow TFF'ers...all met walking the banks of marshall and denton creek fishing for whites and crappie. They are a heck of a 5 man fishing team. I told Lee the evening before the trip I was a little worried about 102 temps and no wind. Not normally a great recipe for lots of fish....heat yes, no wind normally equals BAD.

So, we headed out and scanned 4 spots - NADA! Didn't even wet a hook. Hit spot # 5 and it was gangbuster crowded with what looked like bigger fish. No biggie right? Lately you can mark fish everywhere...gettting them to bite is a different story.

We dropped down and Adrian yelled: FISH ON! Boom, right off the bat a DD striper! 30 seconds later, another. We repeated this between striper and hybrids for about 2 hours. Those 102 temps just don't bother ya' when you catching fish! laugh

We got the 180 quart igloo FULL fast. Also, didn't have enough ice so we went back to dock and iced fish down. Then, went back out and fun fished...already having a limit of solid hybes and stripes.

I noticed in my northern view some good storm clouds building but hey, Jerry Jones has built an invisible dome over Twok! rolfmao It just don't rain here anymore! laugh So, we just wen't back to fishing. 30 minutes later I get this pic from Teri @ the house:

Gulp! I thought hmmmm, we got bout' 20 minutes till we have to leave. NOPE! Straight line winds hit with good force and i-pilot gets totally blown off anchor. Huge white caps within just a few minutes. We all kind of look at each other and decide - It's time to call it a day! laugh thumb

Overall, had a ball w/ these TFF'ers. Excellent fishing, good stories and laughts. Good times:

Here are a few pics from the day:

Right off da bat!

A little later:

Lots and Lots of fat hybes, I think 41 was the total hybrid count:

Then, got this text:

Then we made a bee-line!

Also, if you are interested in just targeting striper, you might try open water. The striper i'm fidning are away from ledges and humps out in open water...not really relating to much. Here is a pic of several small groups...AND check out the water temps before the wind and weather hit! eeks Can you say "bath water?" laugh

Also, Roy and crew had a awesome day out there, congrats!

Re: T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics** - 08/12/13 05:30 PM

Posted By: lenahorse

Re: T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics** - 08/12/13 06:09 PM

Live bait or lures?

Re: T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics** - 08/12/13 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: lenahorse
Live bait or lures?

Hey Larry! We haven't used artificials since Saturday afternoon. laugh
Posted By: etu

Re: T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics** - 08/12/13 07:08 PM

NICE!!
Posted By: Mahoro_Su

Re: T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics** - 08/12/13 08:15 PM

Thanks for the trip michael

First time on Tawakoni, its a nice lake, but like all lakes around dfw, we need more water, hope to do this again soon
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics** - 08/13/13 12:55 AM

Hey Sushi Man, this is Rudy, I believe you were on Tawakoni, no?

Heat stroke and didn't know it!!!

Salsa, that is WHAT I CALL A HAUL!!! THEM'S SOME BIGUNS!! WTG GUYS!!

Rudy
Posted By: Ole’ Pops

Re: T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics** - 08/13/13 01:28 AM

WOW! clap rockon
Posted By: Mahoro_Su

Re: T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics** - 08/13/13 02:31 AM

Ya rudy, you are right, I can't get my lake right...

Re: T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics** - 08/13/13 03:11 AM

So this afternoon Teri said she needed to show me how to:

correctly throw a castnet:

and catch fish:

got a chance to R&R this afternoon. Put the boat on i-pilot and swam for bout and hour. Then, off in the distance we spotted birds workin' and had to go play some more.

Good 2 acres of fish on top this evening...on top of the 20+ hybrids much earlier. Fun afternoon! thumb

Posted By: RSR Lures

Re: T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics** - 08/13/13 03:22 AM

Great pics .. woot
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics** - 08/13/13 03:28 AM

Another lousy day in paradise...
Posted By: Laker One

Re: T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics** - 08/13/13 05:48 AM

coolphotos Nice Fish!
Posted By: PMB

Re: T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics** - 08/13/13 11:45 AM

Wow awesome day, that looks like fun. I was wondering why the bite is so active with those water temps. I have read that the stripers actually quit feeding when the water get too warm. At least the big ones. But it does not look to hold true in Tx. Maybe the Arkies just do not know how to summer fish. Or their not tuff enough to take the heat. LOL

I sure wish I could send you folks some of the water we have up here. Lakes are full and the rivers are getting close to flooding here in Eastern Ok and Western Ar. We been praying for it to go south and help you folks. We are all sick of mowing the grass every 5days. Its been the wettest summer I can remember.

BTW I liked those long sleeve shirts and hats, in that heat you have to stay covered.

Keep the reports coming and don't get too hot!
Posted By: Whiskey Bob

Re: T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics** - 08/13/13 03:55 PM

Miss Teri has Mad Skillz with that net , that's awesome ! Great pics y'all !
Posted By: big10

Re: T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics** - 08/13/13 03:58 PM

Nice pics! Teri, do you think you could give Gabbey some lessons for me?? grin
Posted By: Ms. Salsa

Re: T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics** - 08/13/13 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: big10
Nice pics! Teri, do you think you could give Gabbey some lessons for me?? grin

Haha smile

I need her up here soon so i can add her to my "girlfriends fish too page" tell her anytime she wants to go fishing with me to let me know -(free of-course)

also - Happy Birthday to her happybday
Posted By: Cigga

Re: T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics** - 08/14/13 12:14 AM

Great report and pics. Does Ms Salsa charge for castnet throwing lessons?
Posted By: young cat

Re: T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics** - 08/14/13 03:55 AM

Man those are some awsome fishing trips
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics** - 08/14/13 04:54 AM

coolphotos Nice Job!
Posted By: bill davis

Re: T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics** - 08/14/13 03:07 PM

Nice Pictures
Posted By: swtbs81

Re: T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics** - 08/14/13 05:52 PM

Nice fish!
Posted By: banderapass1

Re: T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics** - 08/14/13 11:11 PM

Nice fish to all! Nice striper you have Rudy--good job! thumb
Posted By: wobblyopp

Re: T-W-O-K ! The Stripers, The Storm and the Smiles...**pics** - 08/14/13 11:27 PM

I need to get on one of these trips bang maybe i can join a group let me know and im down to go thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum