Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Twok this coming Wednesday.

Posted By: Grschaefer

Lake Twok this coming Wednesday. - 07/22/13 08:38 PM

Hello all. I was wondering if the hybrids, whites, and stripers were still on top of the water in the early morning outside of Holliday marina and towards the spillway? Went there in later June and caught a ton using 3/4 oz rattle traps and 4 inch swim baits. Thanks for any info.
Posted By: etu

Re: Lake Twok this coming Wednesday. - 07/22/13 08:43 PM

Early evening schooling there last Tuesday. Enough to catch 2 limits of Sandies. No Hybbies though .
Posted By: FishBeeLowMe

Re: Lake Twok this coming Wednesday. - 07/22/13 08:55 PM

Think the eve top water bite is better than AM. Same area smile Good Luck
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Lake Twok this coming Wednesday. - 07/22/13 10:39 PM

The tropical weather and fall in water temps we had last week had the fish fooled into thinking it was May! laugh Heck, been that way last couple weeks.

But, the 100 degree heat and lack of cloud cover the next several days ought to have'em pinned down on the bottom...but i've been wrong before. wink
Posted By: etu

Re: Lake Twok this coming Wednesday. - 07/22/13 10:41 PM

....but i've been wrong before. wink [/quote]
eeks...you have???

Re: Lake Twok this coming Wednesday. - 07/22/13 11:03 PM

Thanks y'all. I'd like to try the evening so I don't have to get up at 4 am, but my co-worker likes the morning and its his boat. Any info on fishing humps? I am a beginner really when it comes to fishing and want to get good at it.
Posted By: Fishin_Ren

Re: Lake Twok this coming Wednesday. - 07/22/13 11:52 PM

LMAO! Texas hot summer is HOT and LONG, Twak fish would be floating belly up if they hug bottom all the time... There are always cooler water somewhere some time on the Twak... bait fish will go to area where water is cool enough for their tolerance level to feed on floating zooplankton, and game fish will follow... for a SW wind forecast near 100F, early AM, I'd start by looking for humps in front of Holiday marina and the general area SE of HM,... late PM, I'd work toward dam on the SE general area looking for top water schooling... (caveat, my comments are purely theoretical stem from basic understanding of how surface water temp works,..., and sideliners feeding,... I don't fish from a boat.) wink

Re: Lake Twok this coming Wednesday. - 07/23/13 12:14 AM

Many thanks
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Lake Twok this coming Wednesday. - 07/23/13 12:24 AM

I think I would have to listen to salsa's advice. He kinda knows his stuff.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum