Texas Fishing Forum

hydrowave

Posted By: Texomalvr

hydrowave - 07/20/13 10:17 PM

Does anyone use a hydrowave? A friend was out on Lewisville this am, and the boat he was on had one. He swears they turned it on, and then the shad came to it and were jumping out of the water. He says they saw the fish move in under it. Curious if anyone else has experienced that.
Posted By: Scott Smith

Re: hydrowave - 07/21/13 02:33 AM

I don't own one, but I talked to a fellow recently that told a very similar story. He said shad will gather under the boat and then predator fish gather under the shad. He said it worked great on smallmouths on Norris Lake. I wish I had one after talking to him. He was sold on it.
Posted By: Texs44

Re: hydrowave - 07/21/13 12:16 PM

I shall purchase one here in my near future. I will let you know how it performs on Eagle Mountain after my purchase. Have a good day.
Posted By: Chuck7700

Re: hydrowave - 07/21/13 01:44 PM

don't have one
Posted By: MagicWand

Re: hydrowave - 07/22/13 01:30 PM

You may want to check the Bass forum with this question. Lots of them using the Hydrowave technology now.
Posted By: NTXGS

Re: hydrowave - 07/22/13 09:09 PM

I run one and it works.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: hydrowave - 07/22/13 09:47 PM

I run one during the winter when we are dead sticking, it works. I now have a new trolling motor and I am still trying to figure a way to hook it up to the shaft.
Posted By: Glastron1

Re: hydrowave - 07/25/13 03:53 AM

I have one and love it! It does trigger fish into feeding a high percentage of the time. If I'm on top of brush marking fish and it's slow I use the Passive Shad mode, give it 30 minutes and the fish are more aggressive. I was in a bass tournament on twak last year, fished down a bank behind two boats that did not catch a fish and we were catching fish. It works on all species. If you see me on Texoma, Black & White Glastron, wave me down and I'll show you how to use it. Well worth the investment!
They do have a transom mount so you don't have to mess with the trolling motor mount issue. North Texas Marine can hook you up.

Re: hydrowave - 07/25/13 04:23 AM

I bought one this week and installed it myself. Been out two evenings in a row to test it out. Both times, out in the middle of open water, I've had shad busting the surface. Haven't really learned the ins and outs of it yet but it does look promising. I will gladly accept your offer of a quick tutorial. Thanks very much.
Posted By: Tneel

Re: hydrowave - 07/25/13 05:00 AM

Those look cool! I guess I'm old school,all I have is a a Hydro Mallet to beat on the bottom of the boat. drummer
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: hydrowave - 07/25/13 08:50 AM

Texomalvr, I have found that less is more. I keep the volume at 1/2 and I always use the delay mode for frenzy shad. That seems to work the best for me. cheers
Posted By: threeseas

Re: hydrowave - 07/25/13 12:38 PM

I have one on the big champion .....one day i think it helps and the next day ??????????? 400 dollar toy is what i know for sure

Re: hydrowave - 07/25/13 04:56 PM

i've definitely been running it too hot. I've been using the shad frenzy, but turning it up way high. I'll try a lower setting. Thanks again. I'm really hoping that it helps me locate live bait early in the am.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: hydrowave - 07/25/13 08:55 PM

I have one and am confident it helps for regular bass fishing. If there is bait in the vicinity it will almost certainly make them more active.

Sometimes while trolling in shallow water the bait will come to the trolling motor and jump when you get on them.

Have had bass follow to the trolling motor and bite. Not a magic bullet but it helps.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: hydrowave - 07/26/13 04:25 AM

shut-up-and-fish can hook you up with a HydroWave as well.
Posted By: Rube G.

Re: hydrowave - 07/26/13 11:51 AM

Originally Posted By: threeseas
I have one on the big champion .....one day i think it helps and the next day ??????????? 400 dollar toy is what i know for sure

well said, had mine 2 yrs now, I don't have the (Fish jumpin in the boat story's) Like some guys do.
Posted By: Texs44

Re: hydrowave - 07/26/13 01:10 PM

For now it's the Voo Doo stick just like Tneel. (It works too) I like all the positive statements I’m reading about the Hydrowave. If I ever get my boat out of the shop I can continue decking it out with all the electronics I want. Mechanic had it for going on 3 weeks; to do only 2-3 hours of work. Oh well, good thing I have lots of patience. Poor me, Poor me, Poor me another drink bartender!!! LOL! Have a good day.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum