Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma 7/11 with JD

Posted By: etu

Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/11/13 10:17 PM

I took a day off Today to help JD Lyle with a trip for Ill Children. I did not know what to expect but i thought it was a worthy cause. JD Lyle along with a lot of GREAT people took time out to get these Children, some of which have never been on the lake or catch a fish for that matter, out on the water and hopefully catch one or two. We went out with Four girls ages 8 to 16 and you could not tell that any of them were ill by the way they were gettin on with each other. Our girls had a great time catching fish with Myself and JD helping them along the way. This is not a post to boast about how good a guide JD is, Today it was not about Myself or JD, it was about letting these Children be Children if only for a few hours on the water. Today I had THE best fishing trip of my life and i didnt catch one fish! JD if you need help next year, call me First!

Checking in at Catfish Bay Marina
Free Tshirt Tote Bag and snacks.

After waiting in line for 20 minutes

JD shows up with our crew.

Our Girls had overs in the boat in no time, unders, now that was tricky. Headed back in about 1015 cause you know ummm potty:)
Thanks to the fish cleaners, I wanted to help but JD was yawning already, must have been NAP time!

This is Danny Cavett, you can learn more at cavettkidsfoundation.org
Great kids great cause great day on the water!
Posted By: JD Lyle

Re: Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/11/13 11:33 PM

Ed
Thanks again for your help..woulda been a mess without ya...what was totally cool for me today was seeing your reaction when those four busses of 180 kids showed up and started piling down towards the dock..your face was just classic awe struck...maybe me remember the first time I did this trip 12+ years ago..I could tell you were very touched by the kids and the whole event...this is the one feel good thing I do all year long..thanks fr taking some pics...lol. At one point Ed was griping that he was too busy with fish to take any pics...lol smile

I don't know how many boats showed up to help but it had to be 40 at least..some guides and some just old ole fisherman doing a good deed!
Thanks again for your help !!
Posted By: betterbet24

Re: Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/11/13 11:48 PM

Great job guys!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/12/13 12:03 AM

coolphotosSimply Awesome! cheers
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/12/13 12:19 AM

awsomeness! Great going JD & Ed. thumb
Posted By: Diomedes

Re: Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/12/13 12:29 AM

Such an awesome cause and what better way to enjoy life than to be on the lake rippin lips....Much respect to you two guys and all who take the time to provide for someone who does not have the opportunity.
Posted By: Fishin_Ren

Re: Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/12/13 01:08 AM

Don't remember seeing pictures of the Captain with such wide grins... seeing JD's smiles one has to believe doing good deeds has to be good for your heart! cheers Thank you Ed for sharing photos of your fishing trip of compassion with us! Good job! angel
Posted By: Buddy 76

Re: Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/12/13 01:58 AM

Nice job
Posted By: GoFishNow

Re: Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/12/13 02:13 AM

Servant hearts.
Posted By: young cat

Re: Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/12/13 02:38 AM

What an awsome thing you guys did for these great kids. Made a memory for a lifetime for them i am sure
Posted By: GasPasser

Re: Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/12/13 04:09 AM

Great story guys. Glad you guys had fun and brought joy to those girls! Class act all of you!
Posted By: benp

Re: Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/12/13 04:50 AM

I saw you had etu for your deck hand and didnt apply but maybe next year someone else will need some help!! great cause and I would love to be involved. Do they do any other trips to any other lakes or just one lake a year?
Posted By: JD Lyle

Re: Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/12/13 08:38 AM

Far as I know this is the only one of its kind on the lake and its only once a year..always this week in July .
Next year I'll post this up sooner cuz I know others who could or woulda liked to have a deck hand..most everyone does bring a first mate on this trip just to help and besides that its fun for everyone !!
Thanks for all the atta boys. But like Ed said this wasn't about him or me or any of the other boat capts...it's all about the kids and just a small way people like us more fortunate can give a little back.
Posted By: Going Green

Re: Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/12/13 01:33 PM

This is FANTASTIC! Thank you gentlemen, for taking the time to do this. If there is any need for volunteers next year, put my name right under ETU's!
Posted By: Chuck7700

Re: Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/12/13 02:09 PM

nice job
Posted By: akhntr

Re: Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/12/13 03:07 PM

Happens every year the week after the 4th holiday week. The kids get two trips the first on Thursday and the second on Saturday. Both days are great fun. Many years theres not enough boats on the Saturday trip to take all the kids out. We volunteer each year on Saturday. If you have a boat you should volunteer. These kids just want to have a good time. Catching fish is extra.

Like you JD my first time was a soul moving experience. We plan this every year and I won't miss this weekend no matter what.

Folks just bring a boat and an open heart and you'll have the time of your life. I'll be out tomorrow with my group. Can't wait to get there.
Posted By: etu

Re: Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/12/13 07:57 PM

It was my pleasure to help and I know a lot of great peeps on this Forum would help on the drop of a dime, I was just lucky to be on here when JD posted. Looking forward to many more years of supporting these kids!
Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/12/13 11:51 PM

We have done it several times...really have had some great experiences and felt blessed my boys ok so far because that trip w touch your soul!
Posted By: Yaffe (Jeff)

Re: Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/13/13 08:31 AM

Way to go JD and everyone else involved.
Posted By: B_vandy

Re: Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/13/13 09:36 AM

Great job guys and to all involved...
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/13/13 01:12 PM

Read all the info at cavettkidsfoundation.org - a well thought-out set of programs to help kids with life-threatening or chronic diseases. I like that it also teaches kids character and coping skills as well as how to connect with others. God bless you Mr. Cavett and all the volunteers for reflecting His love in service to your fellow man!
Posted By: LipRip

Re: Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/13/13 03:30 PM

Nice job fellas! Way to make those kids day. Awesome!
Posted By: Pure Luck

Re: Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/14/13 02:39 PM

thumb Great Job Guys!!!
Posted By: Krustytoe

Re: Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/19/13 07:00 PM

Good job guys!
Posted By: BobC

Re: Texoma 7/11 with JD - 07/19/13 09:11 PM

May God bless you all!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum