Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Palestine

Posted By: razzie1947

Lake Palestine - 06/27/13 12:45 AM

Caught this hybrid last Friday near the 155 bridge . Now I have hybrid fever . I'm new to fishing Lake Palestine and would appreciate any information on locating Whites and Hybrids.

[img:right]http://[/img]
Posted By: wnorman

Re: Lake Palestine - 06/27/13 01:27 AM

Nice fish William we caught a few there couple weeks ago , i`m sure others will tell you about Palestine is a hit and miss mostly miss. You may go back and fish there 5 times and not catch anything. Good Fishing
Posted By: sandbasscamp

Re: Lake Palestine - 06/27/13 02:24 AM

Graph , shiney chrome baits, big swimbaits, good gear, strong line, patients. Follow the bait , look for flats, points, humps, ridges, road beds, And sometimes shallow water .

Nice fish.
Posted By: Jpowell7575

Re: Lake Palestine - 06/27/13 01:43 PM

I fish Palestine almost exclusively. It's definitely a hit and miss, mostly miss lake. The hybrid will be everywhere one day, everyone on the water is catching them,
Then no one will see one for a month. When I want to catch hybrids I usually make the drive to tawakoni or cedar creek. It's definitely worth the extra 30-45 minutes to me.
Posted By: razzie1947

Re: Lake Palestine - 06/27/13 03:49 PM

Thanks for the info. The Hybriids are like a bonus to me, what I'm really interested it is catching White bass for the table. Have you ever heard of the Sand Bass Highway or the Old Hotel? If so where are they? I have a 20' pontoon boat with a 30 horse mtr. that is kept at the Lake Palestine Resort. Not so fast on the water. It would be nice if I could find where the sandies are schooling near there.
Posted By: Jason Burton Guide Service

Re: Lake Palestine - 06/27/13 10:43 PM

Sent you a PM.
Posted By: Boytoe

Re: Lake Palestine - 06/28/13 03:17 AM

With the TPW stocking of hybrids this year maybe it won't be so hit or miss in a few years.
Nice fish !
Posted By: Jthoele

Re: Lake Palestine - 06/30/13 11:12 AM

Have sandbass been fairly present on the 155 roadbed?
Posted By: Chuck7700

Re: Lake Palestine - 06/30/13 12:57 PM

Nice catch.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum