Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Ouachita/Hamilton Guide recommendations

Posted By: BrandoA

Lake Ouachita/Hamilton Guide recommendations - 06/13/13 06:33 PM

I will be in Hot Springs on vacation with my daughter the 3rd week in August and want to fish at least once on one these lakes. It will be during the middle of the week so hopefully boat traffic will be minimal. Any guide recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks
Posted By: JD Lyle

Re: Lake Ouachita/Hamilton Guide recommendations - 06/13/13 10:44 PM

I've used John T. Hall up there about 4-5 times..it's been about 6-7 years ago but he was very good and at one time held the state and or lake record on Quashita.

Don't know his contact info but ya oughta be able to google him

Re: Lake Ouachita/Hamilton Guide recommendations - 06/13/13 11:16 PM

Thanks JD.
Posted By: Double Row

Re: Lake Ouachita/Hamilton Guide recommendations - 06/14/13 12:14 AM

Hey Brandon, I hear March and April are prime time on Ouachita. Pick me up on the way! LOL Good luck.
Posted By: snowyriver6

Re: Lake Ouachita/Hamilton Guide recommendations - 06/14/13 12:20 AM

fish in arkansas dont have any teeth
Posted By: etu

Re: Lake Ouachita/Hamilton Guide recommendations - 06/14/13 12:46 AM

Originally Posted By: snowyriver2
fish in arkansas dont have any teeth
OMG
Posted By: DanD14

Re: Lake Ouachita/Hamilton Guide recommendations - 06/14/13 05:40 PM

David Cochran. 501 844-7974. He will put you on the fish. He used live shad that were well over 1#, balloons, planer boards, whatever it took. We fished in April a few years back and our six keepers were all over 15#, with a 31# best fish.
Posted By: Bandit03

Re: Lake Ouachita/Hamilton Guide recommendations - 06/14/13 07:40 PM

Greg Willingham,501 276 2318. If you can book a trip this soon. He's usually a year in advance booking. That good.

John T (Hollywood) Hall, 501 767 1468. First trip with JT was fantastic. It was in April and the Top Water was heart stopping. 7" redfins wit 30+ lb Striper's blowing up. Managed a 24,29 and 32. Second trip was in Nov. Live shad on planer boards. 4 hours without a bite. Back to the ramp at 12 and collected full fee with no regret. Roll the dice with JT
Posted By: Hydra Sport

Re: Lake Ouachita/Hamilton Guide recommendations - 06/15/13 12:30 PM

I second David Cochran known him 11 years will put you on the fish
Posted By: swtbs81

Re: Lake Ouachita/Hamilton Guide recommendations - 06/15/13 02:34 PM

have used david cochran also and had a great trip. i recently spoke to him and he thinks their fishing will be good until august this year...ouachita usually turns over in september...
Posted By: Meadowlark

Re: Lake Ouachita/Hamilton Guide recommendations - 06/16/13 04:38 PM

Ron Hawley is excellent....most of the others mentioned all work together including Ron.

http://www.lakeouachitastriperguide.com/about.html

If it were me, that time of the year, I'd probably fish the bridges on Hamilton deep during the week.

Re: Lake Ouachita/Hamilton Guide recommendations - 06/17/13 06:05 PM

I just Booked John T Hall for a morning trip. Not sure what to expect but looking forward to the opportunity. Gonna be fun for sure!!!
Posted By: RANDY WOOD

Re: Lake Ouachita/Hamilton Guide recommendations - 06/17/13 06:50 PM

Quachita can be great. It can at times be brutal. Bait fishing on Quachita requires special equipment and lots of time. If a guides shows up with live shad for a trip on quachita then he has all ready earned his money before you get in the boat.

Most bait used on Quachita is caught someplace else and hauled to the lake. Some guides even keep 500 Gallon tanks at there base.
That how JT can take full fare with no regrets.

Re: Lake Ouachita/Hamilton Guide recommendations - 06/17/13 07:56 PM

Randy I have heard that as well. I know August can be either real tough or lights out. Not much in between from my experience. Either way looking forward to it.!!!
Posted By: JD Lyle

Re: Lake Ouachita/Hamilton Guide recommendations - 06/18/13 01:23 AM

I know where their bait hole is and believe it or not they have to drive 2 hours away to catch their bait and then try and hold em for days and even weeks..they typically use big gizzard shad..if I remember correctly 5-10 inchers..
I've seen JT 's bait set up at his home base before...
It was a few years back but if I remember correctly he had three or four 1000 gallon tanks set up all with aireration and filtration to keep em all alive...I Remember it was very impressive
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum