Texas Fishing Forum

LL on Mothers DAy

Posted By: fisherman dan

LL on Mothers DAy - 05/13/13 01:58 PM

Finished up Mothers Day by taking the wife fishing. It was certainly her day too. She caught two hybrids, one 4lb.8oz and then, after two drops, a 9 lb.11oz whopper!! This hawg had a belly like a base drum.Returned both to be grow even bigger smile
Posted By: GasPasser

Re: LL on Mothers DAy - 05/13/13 02:40 PM

Nice report fisherman Dan! Were you using live bait? What time of day were you out?

I was out from 8:30 to 10:30. Had a good friend and fellow TFFer out with me on a learning trip. We both learned that weatherman was not very accurate. It was predicted to be a pretty calm day but wind got a little rough at around 10. We caught about 50 all sandies before heading in for mother day activities.

We were not as lucky to have our wives join us but thankful that they gave us rhe kitchen pass to fish. Btw, those drums can be fun to hook into.
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: LL on Mothers DAy - 05/13/13 03:56 PM

We went out after the wind laid down around 5pm. ended the day with 71 on the clicker. found some nice sized ones off hack berry just before dark. no hybrids yesterday but one nice blue cat..
Posted By: GasPasser

Re: LL on Mothers DAy - 05/13/13 04:51 PM

Don't lie Bassthumb. There are only dinks in LL. For big fish, go RH or Twak!
Posted By: fisherman dan

Re: LL on Mothers DAy - 05/13/13 04:53 PM

Caught them on a slab in the middle of the lake in 30 feet of water. Started to see some top water activity the last few weeks as the water warms up. Lots of small shade everywere. Lots of small sandies that wil grow up by fall.I stoped counting catches and focused on catching:). Friday eveing I landed 4 hybrids and had two break my line. I'm using 10lb flurocarbon. BTW- has anybody else noticed how the flurocarbon freys? I'm convinced that it is better than mono just yet.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum