Texas Fishing Forum

Heading to Cedar Creek in June

Posted By: fishanhunt

Heading to Cedar Creek in June - 02/05/13 11:10 PM

I've never been to Cedar Creek. We were planning a trip to Tawakoni but couldn't get the lodging we wanted. Found a couple of nice places on the water a Cedar Creek so that's were we are headed. How's the fishing in mid June and since I'm pretty new to hybrid fishing... what tactics ??
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Heading to Cedar Creek in June - 02/06/13 12:06 AM

Water level there is low but easily fishable. Watch Dennis Christian's and Fastguy George's posts, they catch a lot of fish there.

Re: Heading to Cedar Creek in June - 05/04/13 07:16 PM

Looks like the lake is still dropping. What level do I need to start worrying about my trip or am I just being paranoid?
Posted By: Guide Chris Webb

Re: Heading to Cedar Creek in June - 05/05/13 12:48 AM

The only way i would worry about lake level is if you are using the boat slip at house you are renting. If we dont get some rain it maybe a beach by then. Depending on what part of june you are coming down will depend on tactics usually early june we are still catching fish on slabs and jigs and by the end of june trolling season has started. Although if u dont like trolling, i believe Dennis will still be reeling them in on a down sized Mepps! I bet he will post and let u know!
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Heading to Cedar Creek in June - 05/05/13 01:18 AM

Here's one of my posts from last June. It's a good fishing month here!
http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...ew_#Post7628049
Posted By: charlescox

Re: Heading to Cedar Creek in June - 05/05/13 02:00 AM

Look at main lake humps. Do you have a hot spots map? Fish will still be working humps and 20' flats that time of year morning and late. Also good schooling starts up around end of June. Fish should be stacked and in a summer pattern by then!
Posted By: bigtexnick

Re: Heading to Cedar Creek in June - 05/05/13 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: CHAMPION FISH
Water level there is low but easily fishable. Watch Dennis Christian's and Fastguy George's posts, they catch a lot of fish there.

+1

Dennis' posts can be a real help on the lake!

Re: Heading to Cedar Creek in June - 05/05/13 06:48 PM

I've been watching all of Dennis's posts and he sent me a map. I was just wondering (worrying) about the level dropping too low. May not be a problem at CC. Just gun shy after Meredith went 100' low. It sucks to live 3 miles from the ramp and not be able to get on the lake.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Heading to Cedar Creek in June - 05/06/13 01:16 PM

If we don't get any rain, just be prepared to use Log Cabin ramp & you will be fine.
Posted By: TEXASFIVEGUN

Re: Heading to Cedar Creek in June - 05/06/13 03:26 PM

In bad conditions Log Cabin ramp will get you on and off the water. Beaching you boat will work, no rocks and muddy feet are the result. Look for Hybreds on the South, Southwest, and West sides of Crappy Island. They will be working the humps and or the vallys between them. June and July are my favorite times to fish CC. We can limit on 6lb and better Hybreds almost every trip.
Posted By: Guide Chuck Rollins

Re: Heading to Cedar Creek in June - 05/06/13 11:27 PM

Log Cabin is always a safe bet. Sandbass fishing here in June is normally excellent fishing. Cedar Creek is chocked full of sandbass so limits are common on most days. Main lake points and humps year around Be careful running too close to main lake points, especially around crappie island, and key ranch area. There is also a lot of underwater trees in the Caney arm near the north shoreline. Be safe and good luck.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum